Have you changed the settings for the automatic reputation?

It used to be that the automatic reputation would give you just about enough reputation to get a job in the leagues or tiers with the least reputation, but now with automatic reputation it seems like you get a job at the average reputation level. Is that true?

Compared to previous versions of the game, it seems to be the case, at least from my experience.

I always start off unemployed and have found myself offered the job at a top flight team in an Eastern European league that I'm managing in. In previous releases, it would take me a couple of seasons of accomplishments to be even linked to such a job.

It seems as if it's much easier to get a job at more reputable clubs now.

I started off with my usual all English leagues, and the top division from the main leagues around Europe on view only and started unemployed. There is a Conference Premier team starts off managerless and I applied only to be rejected, applied for the first Conference North/South team to sack their manager and got the job. About what I expected and same as usual from my experience.

Compared to previous versions of the game, it seems to be the case, at least from my experience.

I always start off unemployed and have found myself offered the job at a top flight team in an Eastern European league that I'm managing in. In previous releases, it would take me a couple of seasons of accomplishments to be even linked to such a job.

It seems as if it's much easier to get a job at more reputable clubs now.

This is what I'm finding and it's damn annoying if you want to start an unemployed game.

I think you didn't read the thread title properly.

I read the title - someone said that evidentally that was the case because they could get higher reputation jobs - so therefore I gave a work around solution - whats the problem with that?

I read the title - someone said that evidentally that was the case because they could get higher reputation jobs - so therefore I gave a work around solution - whats the problem with that?

You didn't give a work around though.

To "not take the job" isn't really a solution since that's not the purpose of the thread nor the issue at hand. As for rep, mine is already set at the lowest and there's a noticeable change since 09 in terms of job candidacy. I've been linked, considered and hired (I tested it out without saving) by top flight teams in leagues in which I've been managing in going back several releases ago, and it has always taken me seasons of success to be considered for such a job.

Now, it seems a bit easier to land a job at a slightly higher reputable club from the get go (unemployed).

As for rep, mine is already set at the lowest and there's a noticeable change since 09 in terms of job candidacy.

I hate to say it - but evidentally YOU didnt read the first post - his reputation is set to 'automatic' which is very different to the lowest.

I hate to say it - but evidentally YOU didnt read the first post - his reputation is set to 'automatic' which is very different to the lowest.

I wasn't talking about him per say, as I and others are having the same issue. Not to mention, Sunday League Footballer is greyed out for me since I don't run all of the UK leagues, only the top 3.

I wasn't talking about him per say, as I and others are having the same issue. Not to mention, Sunday League Footballer is greyed out for me since I don't run all of the UK leagues, only the top 3.

Well that pretty much answers your question - surely not having the worst reputation possible (Was that possible last year with only the top three leagues?) already means that you will have a higher reputation that you expect?

Well that pretty much answers your question - surely not having the worst reputation possible (Was that possible last year with only the top three leagues?) already means that you will have a higher reputation that you expect?

It seems as if I'm not explaining myself properly. Last year, the year before that, and even way back to FM '05, I would choose Automatic, load up my usual leagues, and away I would go. Now, as it has always been, if I was to apply for the managerial position at a team like CSKA Sofia, Osasuna, or Athletic, all top flight teams in their respective countries with reasonably above average reputations, I would get the "The directors at team X laugh off your interest" message, meaning I needed to work my way up the reputation ladder to be even linked to such a job.

In this year's release, it's not quite so. I've set up the game just like the previous years, and I've been approached and linked with jobs at clubs, and oddly enough, at the said clubs, plus others of similar reputation. Judging by the posts I've seen I'm not the only one who has noticed this either.

As for Sunday League Footballer, as far as I remember trying it, you needed to have all the leagues down to BSN in order to be able to select it, that's why I mentioned that I only load the top 3 leagues in England.

Could you do a test - load all the english leagues and set your reputation lower and find out what point is similar to last year?

Im not saying things havent changed - just that there are plenty of ways of working around this.

I suppose I could. I just wish I could select Sunday League Footballer regardless of whether I select all of the English leagues or not as selecting the leagues all the way down to the BSN/S would just slow down my game since I have no interest in managing any lower then CC League 1 in England.

hahaha - you could probably add 20 leagues and only notice a few seconds difference.

I aggree it would be nice to be able to add in a lower reputation - however, I susspect that SI did this becasue you might never actually get a job if you dont have a certain level of repuation - can you imagine how many people would complain if they put in sunday league and got sacked every 5 games?

hahaha - you could probably add 20 leagues and only notice a few seconds difference.

I aggree it would be nice to be able to add in a lower reputation - however, I susspect that SI did this becasue you might never actually get a job if you dont have a certain level of repuation - can you imagine how many people would complain if they put in sunday league and got sacked every 5 games?

It wouldn't be a pretty site, indeed. ;)

That's what the automatic was there for. Automatic reputation meant that you'd get the lowest reputation possible that would still grant you a job at the lowest playable level. Now it seems that automatic gives you enough reputation for top tier clubs, and that's just wrong.

I never use automatic; anything automatic indicates AI, and I don't trust AI, because AI is made by people and people is generally stupid. So I prefer to use real things, which means I start unemployed with Sunday League reputation, meaning it'll take me months to get a damn job... Which usually is at the bottom of the South Korean 2nd, Indonesian 2nd or so division. :p

Well I'm been incredibly disappointed with the reputation mechanics so far and I'd also like an official answer as to whether the settings have been changed.

I started my usual unemployed save and was unable to set my reputation to Sunday League as it was greyed out. I assume this is because I would be unable to get a job even in the lowest league I had loaded (second division Hungary). This was a feature I liked as it precludes a few months of game time getting nowhere.

However, having set my reputation to 'Automatic' I have started the game as 'National' and, although able to get a job in Hungary like I intended, I have been linked with much bigger jobs after just 12 games in charge.

As someone has said you can just reject them but:

- it makes the game much less realistic

- if bigger teams see me as a viable option then the smaller teams that would be a more realistic option, would probably overlook me as they wouldn't think I'd move that low.

The reputation mechanics worked absolutely perfectly last year and I'd just like to know if this was a deliberate change? If so, why? And are SI happy with the way it has worked out or are they planning on changing it with one of the planned patches?

As someone has said you can just reject them but:

- it makes the game much less realistic

- if bigger teams see me as a viable option then the smaller teams that would be a more realistic option, would probably overlook me as they wouldn't think I'd move that low.

Another problem with such 'self-regulating' is that you have to use your own judgement on when you think it would be realistic to get a job at one of the sides which you could have got a job at earlier on in the game. Having to weigh up how realistic the numerous job offers that you recieve over the course of a career are is farsical.

Last year's reputation system was flawless, in my opinion, now it's buggered.

Another problem with such 'self-regulating' is that you have to use your own judgement on when you think it would be realistic to get a job at one of the sides which you could have got a job at earlier on in the game. Having to weigh up how realistic the numerous job offers that you recieve over the course of a career are is farsical.

Last year's reputation system was flawless, in my opinion, now it's buggered.

Absolutely agreed...

If I wanted to self regulate on which jobs I got throughout my career then I'd just appoint a new manager at the club of my choice.

What's the standard round here? Do the SI guys read most / all threads and respond if needed? I would like to find out if this was a deliberate re-code or just an inadvertant knock-on effect of something else?

If it was a re-think then it perhaps fixes something which I haven't come across yet...

DISCLAIMER

First and foremost I want to mention the fact I do not condone doing what I have done in any way shape and form. However I felt given the glaring issues several of us were having with our saved games on thedugout.tv I needed to look into this further..

FOREWORD

As you may or may not be aware the general idea was to load your leagues, set your reputation to automatic (meaning it would make it the lowest possible for you to get a job) and then holiday your game applying for any jobs and take your pick of what's offered. Then slowly build your reputation by moving from club to club until you're the best in the world.

PROBLEM

Several of us noticed that despite doing this and getting low division jobs - Eg: My own at Altach in Austria's second tier. We were being linked in the press with significantly better clubs sometimes within days of taking our first job. I was being approached by the English Premiership's bottom club (Birmingham) to take over within a week of starting at Altach!

I continued my own season and come the end of the year I was offered three new jobs: Anderlecht, Perugia and AEK Athens. All of which are pretty massive clubs and a huge leap which would usually take several seasons to be ready to make.

INVESTIGATION

Now this is the bit I don't condone.. Using a the available frameworks, I scoured my saved game database and checked my own current reputation. I then added two new Managers in game. One with the lowest possible reputation the game would allow (Semi-Professional) and one on Automatic..

RESULTS

I don't think anyone should open this unless they're happy knowing the starting reputation levels for managers..

MANAGER	CA	PA	HOME	CURRENT	WORLD
Semi	100	200	3250	3250	1625
Auto	100	200	7000	7000	3500

As you can see the difference is pretty ****ing massive. It's left me rather disappointed and due to feeling extremely dirty for looking at it, I am going to have to start a fresh with a new saved game. It's been pointed out by someone else on our forums that the "manual says that automatic sets you the lowest possible experience" - so this is clearly a bug.

DISCLAIMER

First and foremost I want to mention the fact I do not condone doing what I have done in any way shape and form. However I felt given the glaring issues several of us were having with our saved games on thedugout.tv I needed to look into this further..

FOREWORD

As you may or may not be aware the general idea was to load your leagues, set your reputation to automatic (meaning it would make it the lowest possible for you to get a job) and then holiday your game applying for any jobs and take your pick of what's offered. Then slowly build your reputation by moving from club to club until you're the best in the world.

PROBLEM

Several of us noticed that despite doing this and getting low division jobs - Eg: My own at Altach in Austria's second tier. We were being linked in the press with significantly better clubs sometimes within days of taking our first job. I was being approached by the English Premiership's bottom club (Birmingham) to take over within a week of starting at Altach!

I continued my own season and come the end of the year I was offered three new jobs: Anderlecht, Perugia and AEK Athens. All of which are pretty massive clubs and a huge leap which would usually take several seasons to be ready to make.

INVESTIGATION

Now this is the bit I don't condone.. Using a the available frameworks, I scoured my saved game database and checked my own current reputation. I then added two new Managers in game. One with the lowest possible reputation the game would allow (Semi-Professional) and one on Automatic..

RESULTS

I don't think anyone should open this unless they're happy knowing the starting reputation levels for managers..

MANAGER	CA	PA	HOME	CURRENT	WORLD
Semi	100	200	3250	3250	1625
Auto	100	200	7000	7000	3500

As you can see the difference is pretty ****ing massive. It's left me rather disappointed and due to feeling extremely dirty for looking at it, I am going to have to start a fresh with a new saved game. It's been pointed out by someone else on our forums that the "manual says that automatic sets you the lowest possible experience" - so this is clearly a bug.

:thup:Thanks for sharing the results of your investigations.:thup:

I too felt 'something was up' when despite starting unemployed with automatic reputation and having English leagues BSN / BSS loaded, I was immediately offered a job with a 2-tier Russian outfit with a 300k transfer budget and an away cup game to Locomotiv Moscow in the morning! Your discovery means I can avoid wasting any time on this game - I'll be starting a new one as a 'Sunday Footballer'.

Re-posted from a different thread, because it may be of interest here:

---

Just did a little test on Genie Scout, with various European leagues loaded (lowest rep Slovakian second div, 6/20) and added 5 identical 26yr old unemployed managers. Reps below in spoiler tags, for anyone who doesn't want to know them.

Sunday league: 1500

Semi-pro: 3250

Pro: 6000

International: 8000

Automatic: 6000

(On the other thread linked to, automatic came out with a 7000 rep, so there probably is a bit of variation depending on which leagues you choose)

So yeah, I'd say either automatic rep isn't working properly, or the definition has changed drastically. Incidentally, the automatic rep stayed the same if I was unemployed or chose to manage various low rep teams.

If you're looking to start a career game as an unemployed manager at a lower-level, avoid automatic!

Edit -- changing age to 45+ and 60+ made no difference to automatic rep, nor did changing the manager nationality between high or low rep nations.

just wanted to add my point here, i dont start unemployed, i go for the tottenham job every time, and since i only choose the premiership (old pc) to run with, i go with automatic experience. and what i hate is being named as a legendary manager on the first month on the job, i would rather just go step by step from amateur to legendary...

just wanted to add my point here, i dont start unemployed, i go for the tottenham job every time, and since i only choose the premiership (old pc) to run with, i go with automatic experience. and what i hate is being named as a legendary manager on the first month on the job, i would rather just go step by step from amateur to legendary...

But that's the point...would Tottenham hire an amateur manager? No...you'd have to be near-legenadary to get the job, would you not? That's what automatic is supposed to make you. You should try picking Sunday Footballer as your experience and then force the game to give you the Tottenham job. See how long you can keep the respect of the players...

Archived