4 Players must train at home grown

3 years (or is it 4?) between the ages of 16 and 21 (or there abouts) training at your club will be a home grown in club

if they did that same time period at another english club then they will be home grown in nation.

If you dont have them, you have to register some of your youth players who have been home grown in your club.

If you sold your entire youth team - end yourself and try again :)

If you don't have enough homegrown players you should be able to continue by not registering the missing players, so if you only have 2 club-grown when you need 4, only register 23 players instead of 25.

He may be talking about playing in England. I'm playing as Shrewsbury in League 2. Apparently there;s a homegrown rule now I wasn't aware of. And for some reason no youth player has HG status. Every last one has a join date too recent. Makes no sense.

No I've just come across this with my game, I'm Liverpool and have quite a few players on loan, I knew that I probably wouldn't quite have enough HG players but assumed that I could make up the numbers with some of the U-18 players. But apparently not one of the English players in liverpool's U-18 squad qualify... slight issue I think, I'm just going to get around it by reloading from my last save point (I'll lose a 1-0 win against Portsmouth, but should be able to redo that) and bear in mind for the future that Adam Pepper (who signed for the club at 14 (2006) won't be available for my ECL squad for another 3 years. actually... I'm off to the data issues thread!

Archived