3d mode is quite jerky

I have found 3d mode to be quite jerky. I have switched off crowds, stadiums, sky and even weather effects but its still quite jerky.

FM09 worked like a dream in 3d, anyone know why I am having this issue with FM10? :confused:

Its a great game but im having big problems enjoying the game properly because of this

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, as well as directx. Instructions can be found in the FAQs at the top of the forum.

Failing that, try altering your sound cache to "all" or "off" and don't leave it on smart.

If that doesn't help, you can try changing the compatibility mode to windows XP SP2. Some people said that made FM09 run better in Vista.

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, as well as directx. Instructions can be found in the FAQs at the top of the forum.

Failing that, try altering your sound cache to "all" or "off" and don't leave it on smart.

If that doesn't help, you can try changing the compatibility mode to windows XP SP2. Some people said that made FM09 run better in Vista.

See above.

I think what most people find is that they DONT have a problem with their graphics drivers until they buy a new game - the old games will work fine with what you already have because nothing has changed, but new games have changed and thats when you need to update.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Windows 7 is a new OS. While it's not as different as Vista was to XP, some companies are shockingly poor at getting their drivers up to speed.

Intel and Nvidia have been guilty of this in the past in particular. I would recommend keeping an eye out for new graphics card drivers (they are updated at least once or twice a month) and installing them as soon as possible. Make sure that you follow the exact instructions given on the nvidia/ati/intel website.

I'm running this on a Macbook Pro, all up-to-date, max spec (I've edited TV programmes on this thing) and switching off features/sound isn't having any impact too - the 3D match view is pretty much unusable. The 2D runs fine, so I can either have that retro FM experience, or stay on 09 until we get a patch... seems there's always something that makes FM unplayable when it's first released each year.

Archived