Trouble loading a saved game from WWSM2009

It seems that I am unable to load a game I started with WWSM2009. I can find the game in the appropriate folder ok, and when I click on the game it starts loading, but after a couple of seconds the process stops and I get the message "unable to load saved game." Any idea why this is happening?

Sorry if this has been asked before -- I tried checking thorugh the past few pages of threads and the FAQ, but I couldn't find any advice on this point.

Ah well, thanks for clearing this up.

BTW -- It would be nice if they tried to make the game compatible across two releases. Why should players who've been nuturing a team over a number of seasons have to start from scratch? I can't think there's really a very compelling reason why this couldn't be done . . . .

Well there is.

They implement a whole range of new features in the game that simply arent there in the previous version.

In past versions (not in the last couple) they introduced different stats (eg at one point they split from having 'shooting' to having a 'finishing' and 'long shots')

This game is very very different from the last one - we either get the same game as last year, with effectively a data update, or we get a new game with nice new shiny things.

No one is stopping you playing last years game.

EDIT - just think about other games - did westwood make command and conquer 1 and 2 'save game' compatable? I cant think of a single game where the 'sequal' was compatable with the previous game.

Archived