Got boxed version - installed now how do I start it???

Pud

Got the game yesterday, had issues with Steam lasy year so just using the disc. Installed yesterday, played a little but now can't get back into game. It doesn't auto-run when the disc is inserted and clicking on the FM10 icon in my GAMES folder does not give the option to play.

I may be being dull but how do i play???????

Any help would be great.

open steam, click on the games tab, it'll be listed there. You can create a desktop shortcut by right clicking on the game and choose create shortcut.

Not using Steam as I did that last year and it kept denying access to the game so I don't have Steam installed. just want to play with the disc.

Got the game yesterday, had issues with Steam lasy year so just using the disc. Installed yesterday, played a little but now can't get back into game. It doesn't auto-run when the disc is inserted and clicking on the FM10 icon in my GAMES folder does not give the option to play.

I may be being dull but how do i play???????

Any help would be great.

So the icon in the games folder isn't working? Does any message come up when you click it?

The normal install location is:

C:\program files\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2010

There's a file in there called "FM.exe" double click that and the game should start up.

If it doesn't want to open press control+alt+delete together and choose "start task manager" see if FM is already running in there and if it is right click and "end process" then try again.

So the icon in the games folder isn't working? Does any message come up when you click it?

The normal install location is:

C:\program files\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2010

There's a file in there called "FM.exe" double click that and the game should start up.

If it doesn't want to open press control+alt+delete together and choose "start task manager" see if FM is already running in there and if it is right click and "end process" then try again.

There is no 'FM.exe' in the folder. It contains:

db

editor data

games

matches

skins

sounds

tactics

And none of these contain an .exe file. I am running on Vista.

:(

I did say at the start I might be being dull........and so it proved to be.

I have now found the correct file.

Thanks very much Steve and Wakers, appreciate the help, used to be so much easier on my old Amiga back in the day but I'm off and running now. Cheers.

Archived