Clarification on the activation process.

I've bought the game from Gamersgate (digital download not through steam) and went ahead and installed it on my parents laptop. During the weekends I have access to the laptop, while during the week, I have access to my personal machine. I've read on another thread here that someone installed the game on a laptop then tried to install it on another machine but he couldn't because it was already activated.

Is it true that I won't be able to activate the game on the other machine? If so, is there a way to "deactivate" the game on the laptop so as to be able to install it elsewhere? What if I try to install it through steam?

If you install through steam, you will be able to access the game on whichever computer you are currently logged in onto your steam account with. That means you can install the game through steam on both computers and switch back and forth as you please

However, you can only be logged into a steam account on one computer at the time.

• Administrators
If you install through steam, you will be able to access the game on whichever computer you are currently logged in onto your steam account with. That means you can install the game through steam on both computers and switch back and forth as you please

However, you can only be logged into a steam account on one computer at the time.

What he said :thup:

It turns out I can't add the game to steam. When I input the key I receive the message that it's invalid. Whether it's because it's already been used or because the keys from gamersgate and steam are incompatible I don't know.

Archived