My love for this game...

I love this game and i am in no way criticising it but i just cannot get into it. After several games delving into 2015, i have started new ones with Sutton Utd, Chelsea and the Scottish leagues. But its not wetting my whistle. Any advice or challenges that you can lay down before me?

Any good suggestions will be appreciated!!

I love this game and i am in no way criticising it but i just cannot get into it. After several games delving into 2015, i have started new ones with Sutton Utd, Chelsea and the Scottish leagues. But its not wetting my whistle. Any advice or challenges that you can lay down before me?

Any good suggestions will be appreciated!!

I found recently that I couldn't get into the games the way I used to back in the day... I found myself bored of how slow the season progresses, how repetitive the whole thing gets.

I currently find that, although I've got back into it, the only team I can stick with is Newcastle, as I just can't motivate myself to manage teams which I just don't care about in real life...

Although I have found the idea of Dafuge's Challenge quite appealing, and will probably give it a go once my laptop comes back icon_smile.gif

The game I enjoyed the most in '08 was with Wolves. I actually enjoyed them so much, that I now follow them IRL (check results, and watch the few TV games that we get in Sweden). icon_smile.gif

Another thing i like to do is find new sides in the more unknown leagues. Like Red Star in the Serbian League. Right now I'm managing Phanathinaikos in Greece.

i had tried to post a answer earlier, but it failed. Here goes, again;

If i ever get bored i simply walk away and imerse my self in something new.

I then wait until i find inspiration in either real word football or in FM stories. waiting for something that grips me, and then im off on a five month stint.

I once forced msyelf to play when i got bored, thinking i'd get back inot it aventually. That was a mistake and ruined 06 for me, as i began to hate the game. LOL

Hope that helps icon_biggrin.gif

i am a massive arsenal fan and i find i can only manage arsenal normally, the only club i have actually managed and completed a season with on FM08 is FC Barcelona, a club i do love in real life too, i cant get into managing another side

FM08 is the first of the series that I have gotten bored with, mainly because of the bugs plaguing the spanish leagues which is where I would usually go to when bored with the premiership.

Maybe try a career game, sometimes playing a lower league teams are a lot of fun since you can base lineups etc on performance not necessarily attributes which is what I tend to do when dealing with the worlds best players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Even the legendary dafuge's challenge i cannot find excitign enough to keep me going. I may have to search the realms of the lower spanish divisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've an enjoyable save on the go with Granada CF in the Spanish Second (Segunda) B4.

They're a team who IRL have under-acheived for many years, have a good stadium and a pretty decent squad by the standard of their league. Board expectations aren't very high, although the chairman is part of the Sanz family which used to run Real Madrid.

It's a good, but also comfortable challenge. You're not going to get sacked for finishing mid-table after the first season, while you build a squad to your liking, because of the low expectations.

The fun part of the challenge for me has been resisting the temptation to accept "big" job offers as I get closer to taking them into a position where I can seriously challenge for La Liga.

as i support galatasaray IRL i always start a new game with them and then play for 4-5 maybe 6 seasons till i get bored. I then stop playing and then decide the next day I should play again i pick arsenal transfer all the players i want then when i lose the 1st game i switch the game off as i cant be bothered to work out the tactical glitches. Recently started with Nottm Forest after getting them in the Championship the 2nd season there I was in the playoffs I lost that so i thought sod that. Now i am playing as Adanaspor got them from the 2nd Div in Turkey to the 1st straight away its my 2nd seson in the 1st Div looking forward to get them into the Turkish Prem Div but I think once i am there i will get bored as I will be losing everygame due to my team having no money so will not be able to get quality players...sorry for the long post icon_biggrin.gif

sorry about the double post thought i would make it more readable

as i support galatasaray IRL i always start a new game with them and then play for 4-5 maybe 6 seasons till i get bored.

I then stop playing and then decide the next day I should play again i pick arsenal transfer all the players i want then when i lose the 1st game i switch the game off as i cant be bothered to work out the tactical glitches.

Recently started with Nottm Forest after getting them in the Championship the 2nd season there I was in the playoffs I lost that so i thought sod that.

Now i am playing as Adanaspor got them from the 2nd Div in Turkey to the 1st straight away its my 2nd seson in the 1st Div looking forward to get them into the Turkish Prem Div but I think once i am there i will get bored as I will be losing everygame due to my team having no money so will not be able to get quality players...

sorry for the long post icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a Liverpool fan, but at the minute i can't even finish a season with them.

I'm coming up to the end of my two-week break from FM, I do this when the game gets tedious, then I'll download a new skin and start a new game - doing this makes FM feel fresh and new and re-invigorates my interest.

If you are finding time is passing to slow when playing a club game then I suggest playing an international game. But not with a top country. Its fun because time passes faster and its fun watching youngsters develop and push there way into your squad.

I support Man Utd but I haven't played as them in game in since 01/02. In 08 i've been really enjoying Bayern Munich because the league is quite good but still supports playing youth players every so often, so you get a chance to build a really good young team.

I set a challenge of winning the Champions League and it's pretty tough going. On my latest save I managed them for 6 seasons only ever reaching the semis once and then moved to Roma who I saw as a challenge because they had just finished 14th and had insecure finances. Just finished my first season with them and came second behind an amazing Juve side, after a media prediction of 8th. If it wasn't for a poor start to the season I reckon I could have won it as I was 23 games unbeaten at the end of the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

I support chelsea, so i enjoy beating teams 1-0 which gets boring icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It gets boring watching it too! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I will now manage Granada CF!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im having trouble getting back into Fm too, I might try this. Thanks heathxxx! icon14.gif

Yeah same here, i start about 3 new games a week at the minute and find after about 3weeks of the season im bored and quit the league! ive had 2 great games though, i support Man City so my 1st game is always them, and won the premiership in season 5 and havent played that since! then one as Stockport County, took them into Championship, then left for AC Milan, won Serie A, CL and Italian Cup in 2nd season so quit, took over as Italy manager, won World Cup 2014 so quit, then took over at Barcelona, but there £30m in debt and i just cant get into it properly! since then ive just become bored of it and have even created my own team and England Legends! (took a while) and i cant even properly get into that!

i support west ham but rarely maange them. i find i like to pick a tem whose squad i dont know very well. therefore make more of an effort to learn about them n mould it into my own. without having grudges against players ( if i piked west ham spector would be gone, no matter how good he is in the game)

like to work my way up then go around europe trying to win the top leagues, also found it very enjoyable when i took over at river.

despite what lots are saying this is my fav version of fm. i find myself in work or driving thinking about it, who i might get rid off and who to sign. maybe thats a bit ott!!?

Ive had some great games on this one, took FC Koln to two consectuvie champions league wins, and then quit, took over Reading who were in the Championship(2012/2013) and won the champions league three seasons later. David Silva: Best player on the game icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottehFTM:

If i ever get bored i quit the game, wait until the weekend then fire it up while listening to Sunderland on the radio.

Something about playing FM while listening to Footie commentary icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same as me its like I cant wait to get home and switch on the pc and load a new game.

Where I work on saturday I can watch all the Premiership games, Turkish league, German league, spanish league even scottish league

I just sit and watch my TV while serving customers icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

the matches really hype me up to play FM again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byrner:

i support west ham but rarely maange them. i find i like to pick a tem whose squad i dont know very well. therefore make more of an effort to learn about them n mould it into my own. without having grudges against players ( if i piked west ham spector would be gone, no matter how good he is in the game)

like to work my way up then go around europe trying to win the top leagues, also found it very enjoyable when i took over at river.

despite what lots are saying this is my fav version of fm. i find myself in work or driving thinking about it, who i might get rid off and who to sign. maybe thats a bit ott!!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm a hammers fan to

Archived