Dont know whether to buy : (

I am really pi**ed of cus last year i couldnt even run the demo on my Pc but this year FM10 demo runs fine takes while to load up the main game screen, but then its fine.....Just wondering if i buy FM10 will it work and if it dont i cant take it back for my money back !

Can any one help this is my system info (have no clue with comps btw):thdn:

AMD Athlon 64 of RAM

3400+

2.20GHZ, 896MB of RAM

I am really pi**ed of cus last year i couldnt even run the demo on my Pc but this year FM10 demo runs fine takes while to load up the main game screen, but then its fine.....Just wondering if i buy FM10 will it work and if it dont i cant take it back for my money back !

Can any one help this is my system info (have no clue with comps btw):thdn:

AMD Athlon 64 of RAM

3400+

2.20GHZ, 896MB of RAM

You need more RAM mate try putting your pc info into this site http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/drammemory.aspx?gclid=COiFsPCy550CFaBb4wodIxbLMQ&cpe=pd_google_ukand see how much the RAM will cost you, usually about £20 and is easy to fit.

Everyone always says you need more ram but I suppose it depends what you want to run. I only have 1.4Ghz with 1GB Ram on my laptop and I can run all English Leagues and the top leagues from Spain and Italy.

Theres two things to consider:

1) The game offically says you need 1gig of ram for vista (he hasnt specified vista or XP) so if you see someone with less than 1 gig of ram, its probably important

2) How fast is fast and how much of a wait is too much of a wait. Some people play the game with every single league selected and they are happy to wait up to 5 minutes every time they press continue. I on the other hand, have a pc that can run 30+ leagues, but I prefer to run it with 10 or less because I like to press continue and if I have to wait longer than 20 seconds, its too long.

So - the important part is - how much ram does HE need for his game experiance to be what he wants. Seeing as his pc is quite old and ram is very cheap, my recommendation would be that he adds some more.

I've tried that website just out of interest and now im confused. It scanned my system to say my RAM slots can only hold 256MB in each but I have 2x 512MB installed. It's what was in the laptop when I bought it. I wasn't aware you could only have so much ram installed, and I understand even less why I have more ram than is suggested on the site.

Well firstly, most laptops arent upgradeable - so most of those things wont work on laptops.

Secondly - you can have more RAM in some slots than is possible, and it just wont work optimally. IF you go to control pannel and 'system' see how much ram is listed there- its probably less than the 1gig you think you have.

Archived