out of memory

How much RAM do you have? Are your running any programs in the background?

i have 4gb of ram but yesterday i think i had a program open on the desk top, which caused the game to say out of memory, however i did have 48 leagues running from 12 or 13 nations, with player loaded from 14 countries i thought it could of been the problem but wasnt sure

Sometimes a program goes into a loop where is uses more and more memory for unknown purposes. If that happened to another program it could cause FM2010 to say it was out of memory, without that being Sigames' fault. If you hit ctrl+alt+delete, under processes, you can see the memory use of each program.

There's also settings in windows that, when tweaked, can make your computer go out of memory.

Sometimes a program goes into a loop where is uses more and more memory for unknown purposes. If that happened to another program it could cause FM2010 to say it was out of memory, without that being Sigames' fault. If you hit ctrl+alt+delete, under processes, you can see the memory use of each program.

There's also settings in windows that, when tweaked, can make your computer go out of memory.

where is that

where is that

In windows xp:

Control panel - Open "system", under the tab advanced open "Performance settings", once again under advance there's something called "Virtual memory". If the page file is set to a small size or deactivated, that could make your computer go out of memory

However, with 4 gigabytes of RAM that should not be an issue.

• Administrators

Yeah I would suggest be wary how many leagues you run, especially if you're running long intensive games. We also suggest having incremental auto saves on, at least monthly (personally I'd have it one weekly) via the preferences. Then if anything happens, you do have a save game to fall back on. Thanks.

Archived