FM 2009 Feature?

Maybe this has been suggested, maybe not, but I'll say it anyway.

I've been watching SkySports News and Roberto Mancini's agent/advisor was speculating on whether he'll be at Chelsea next year. This got me thinking, maybe because the game's about managing football teams we could employ an agent to deal with speculation and rumour on who we'll manage in the future.

It might make the slightly more realistic... most people probably won't like it though.

Your thoughts?

Maybe this has been suggested, maybe not, but I'll say it anyway.

I've been watching SkySports News and Roberto Mancini's agent/advisor was speculating on whether he'll be at Chelsea next year. This got me thinking, maybe because the game's about managing football teams we could employ an agent to deal with speculation and rumour on who we'll manage in the future.

It might make the slightly more realistic... most people probably won't like it though.

Your thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fair point, but you could release a statement (click on an option) through your agent stating that you don't want the job you're linked with. That's what your agent's there for, to dismiss those sort of rumours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could i get him to feed the cats as well while im on holiday or perhaps you want a back rub off your agent.

Only joking good idea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GregWoodrow7:

Fair point, but you could release a statement (click on an option) through your agent stating that you don't want the job you're linked with. That's what your agent's there for, to dismiss those sort of rumours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, whats the point? Sure it may be realistic but theres no point in adding things into the game for the sake of realism.

This could actually be used very efficiently. I.e if you are currently managing in the lower leagues and have an interest in a higher job, where there is an under pressure manager, you could instruct your agent to SUBTLY find out about the prospects of a possible application being succesful.

At the moment if you declare interest in a job it pi**es the board and the fans and the players off which can be quite damaging to the team. However your agent could act quietly about it - but still with the RARE occurence that the news of your interest is leaked to the press.

Finally this would "cure" some of the "lets buy things with our wages" brigade on fm, as the agents wages would have to be paid for with our own.

You could have agents 1-7 star rated but who all take a different fee and have different contacts in the football world.

Archived