Has the game been made harder than the Demo?

I remember a whole heap of threads saying the game was too easy when the demo came out.

Has the game been made harder?

I've used the same tactics and yet am now getting trashed!

As Man Utd, my first 3 games are:

Drew 1 - 1 Hull Away

Lost 0 - 1 West Ham Away

Lost 0 - 1 Wolves Home

Looks like I'm set to be fired!

And yes, it's probably my tactics, but I just wanted to know if anyone else found the real version harder than the demo?

In FM09 I was Rangers manager and really struggling badly. Someone mentioned to me that I should change my managerial status as having been an international player......you can do this when setting up the game manually........as the players will respect you more. If you don't set up the game manually I think you just go in as an unkown rookie, and I think when you start the game as a high profile club like Man United as you are, this can lead you to struggle, at least in the early stages.

Could be wrong with that, but if you haven't done that already I'd give it a try because it seemed to have the right effect for me. If I was starting as a lower league team I wouldn't do it, but I don't see it as cheating when you are a big club because they will generally higher managers who have a decent profile in real life.

Started a game as Rangers as well, took about 5-10 minutes sorting tactics and also sold a bunch of players and signed some decent folk.

Going well, Played 7, Won 5, Drew 1, Lost 1 in the league, top of the league and also top of my Champions League group winning both games away to Olympiakos 4-1 and beat Wolfsburg 2-1 at home.

Compared to the demo where i was second bottom of the league after 5 games :/

Archived