Cant Access Steam

I simply cant get on Steam thus meaning I cant access my game. It wont load. When I click the Icon, nothing happens. When I go through my C: drive and click the application, nothing happens.

Why do SI insist on using Steam ffs .

I simply cant get on Steam thus meaning I cant access my game. It wont load. When I click the Icon, nothing happens. When I go through my C: drive and click the application, nothing happens.

Why do SI insist on using Steam ffs .

Having the same issue. Very annoying

You can install the game outside of steam as well (although it means you must keep the dvd in the tray while playing)

I shouldnt have to, Steam should be working but unfortunately it's not. I've already started a game and they can think again if I've got to install it again.

Your savegames are located in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games (at least on windows xp). If you re-install you can keep playing the same savegame

Steam *should* be working, agreed, but at least this is a temporary workaround.

This is a Steam issue, you should be contacting them. SI give you the choice of using Steam.

If you have the DVD version, just re-install it through the offline method. It's not ideal but you'd prefer to be playing the game than not, right? Also as said above, you can keep your save even if you uninstall, just make sure you back it up before uninstalling.

Also, have you tried going to the FM2010 directory and launching the fm.exe?

I've got exactly the same problem but as I bought directly off Steam I can't use through the CD. This is just getting beyond a joke all the problems people had launching at 12 on friday morning now this wtf is going on. Now Neji might say this is a Steam issue which it is but how SI can justify using Steam after all these problems is beyond me. I might be the only one but certainly puts me off FM as SI have a partnership with very poor companies such as Steam. A total mess I hope I can access Steam soon. Will just to have to put up with not playing on FM for the second time when I have wanted to already and i've only had it 36 hours.

Like I said, make sure you contact Steam before deciding to not play.

Steam deals with hundreds of games and unfortunately, some people will have problems. It's inevitable. Also be sure to post in the Technical Issues subforum on here.

Steams working fine for me atm,but when i play without the disk it sometimes says"no disk,please retry"

I thought the game didn't need the disk if you installed via steam ?

Did you patch the game manually? If so, you need to re-install the game, Steam will patch it automatically. If you patch it with a boxed version of the patch, then it will make the game think it is a boxed version.

Now Neji might say this is a Steam issue which it is but how SI can justify using Steam after all these problems is beyond me.

Steam hosts the most successful PC games including Half Life 2, Counter-Strike Source, Team Fortress 2 and many other games.

Hope you get your problems sorted.

:)

I've got exactly the same problem but as I bought directly off Steam I can't use through the CD. This is just getting beyond a joke all the problems people had launching at 12 on friday morning now this wtf is going on. Now Neji might say this is a Steam issue which it is but how SI can justify using Steam after all these problems is beyond me. I might be the only one but certainly puts me off FM as SI have a partnership with very poor companies such as Steam. A total mess I hope I can access Steam soon. Will just to have to put up with not playing on FM for the second time when I have wanted to already and i've only had it 36 hours.

Sorry for your problems mate, but if you dislike steam so much, why would you buy the product from them?

Here's a suggestion though - unplug the network cable and restart steam, in theory that should make steam offer the option of starting in offline mode, which should allow you to run the game. This only works if you already managed to install the game, obviously

Did you patch the game manually? If so, you need to re-install the game, Steam will patch it automatically. If you patch it with a boxed version of the patch, then it will make the game think it is a boxed version.
i patched it manually (boxed version) i won't bother with a re-install though as i'm happy at leaving the disk in,cheers anyways Neji (Y)

Sorry for your problems mate, but if you dislike steam so much, why would you buy the product from them?

Here's a suggestion though - unplug the network cable and restart steam, in theory that should make steam offer the option of starting in offline mode, which should allow you to run the game. This only works if you already managed to install the game, obviously

Mate before friday I had not had one problem with them but since then its been the total opposite. You put your trust in a company and then they have problems like this. Anyway cheers for the ideas mate i'll try it but will have to be tonight as im gonna watch the Arsenal-Spurs match now and i've got work at 4. Will defo try your advice though.:thup:

Now I cant even Uninstall this damn game. I got to Programs and click to uninstall and Nothing happens.

I swear down I am inches away from taking this game back and getting Championship manager. I played on the champ man demo and fair enough it's notas good but at least its actually playable.

All I want to do is play FM and its proving quite frankly impossible. Theres no point in having a game you cant play.

Archived