Five Star System 3D Rating and still lags!

I am using a Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, Processor Speed 2.2GHz and GeForce 8600M GT.

I don't know much about the spec stuff myself, but on last seasons game the 3D graphics ran perfect and this year it is shockingly bad! Can anyone explain why please. I am playing the Game in 2D and it feels I like I have taken a step backwards which I am disappointed about feeling like I am missing out.

Anyone else got the same problems?

I am using a Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, Processor Speed 2.2GHz and GeForce 8600M GT.

I don't know much about the spec stuff myself, but on last seasons game the 3D graphics ran perfect and this year it is shockingly bad! Can anyone explain why please. I am playing the Game in 2D and it feels I like I have taken a step backwards which I am disappointed about feeling like I am missing out.

Anyone else got the same problems?

HAve you tried turning the crowd off?

The game is very mac friendly... It runs perfectly fine on my machine (which is only a little higher spec'd that the op).

To the op, turn down the detail level in preferences, maybe also the crowd, sky and weather. I run mine on low, no crowd, and no sky. It runs brilliantly.. I think the graphics are fine - they are never going to be fifa or pes-esk, nor would I want them to be.

I was thinking of 'bitching and complaining' that my game wasnt running smoothly - I updated my drivers and shock - it runs as smooth as anything now.

Also, and this is really random - but in previous editions turning the sound from smart to all seemed to help.

according to miles he wants fm 10 to be the best looking football game, not just manager game. so presumably they're aiming for fifa like graphics. thats gonna be a disaster on release day

Why is that a disaster? The future of FM has to be in its graphics development as well as including more leagues and nations playable! I am waiting to see the day when FM has most of the leagues playable in their database and one does not need to use an editor to create new playable leagues. I also envision the graphics in FM as being even better than FIFA manager in the distant future!

Having exactly the same problem. The only way it will run smoothly, is if I shrink the screen. I too have a mac pro desktop. GEforce 7300 GT graphics card. 256mb.

This problem started (I think) when I installed Snow Leopard. After that, FM09 started to lag, and now 2010 is doing the same. I looked on Nvidea's site, but they don't have driver updates for Mac. I phoned apple, but they just blamed the game, and told me to adjust the settings. But I have always used these settings.

To conclude, I think it's something to do with Snow Leopard and or Graphics drivers. Dontlookback, did you upgrade to Snow Leopard?

I think the graphics companies have abandoned mac owners - nividas site doesnt list mac drivers at all (appart form 1 or 2 cards).

The only thing I can suggest - buy a copy of windows for your mac, install the windows graphics drivers and away you go. (yea, I know thats not much help...)

Archived