Have you taken your game back yet?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Mac fits all the minimum spec. Yet it crashes every time I try to play it. This has been reported on these forums many times. If the game doesn't work, it is not fit for purpose.

FM09 worked like a dream - never crashed once, but there's obviously something new in the match engine that causes the game to crash on certain iMacs.

Surely a year-old iMac with 4Gb of Ram should be able to cope with a game like this. I don't understand much about graphics and technical stuff, but the 2D match engine (evn the 3D one) hardly looks cutting edge (and even before thegame crashes it's still jerky on low 3D.

Look around, I'm not the only one with this problem and so far SI have not been able to come up with a solution.

I can't understand this, as they must know what has changed between 09 and 10 and therefore know how to remove/fix it.

I'm gutted, really I am. I've been playing this game since 93(ish) on the Amiga and I expected better.

My Mac fits all the minimum spec. Yet it crashes every time I try to play it. This has been reported on these forums many times. If the game doesn't work, it is not fit for purpose.

FM09 worked like a dream - never crashed once, but there's obviously something new in the match engine that causes the game to crash on certain iMacs.

Surely a year-old iMac with 4Gb of Ram should be able to cope with a game like this. I don't understand much about graphics and technical stuff, but the 2D match engine (evn the 3D one) hardly looks cutting edge (and even before thegame crashes it's still jerky on low 3D.

Look around, I'm not the only one with this problem and so far SI have not been able to come up with a solution.

I can't understand this, as they must know what has changed between 09 and 10 and therefore know how to remove/fix it.

I'm gutted, really I am. I've been playing this game since 93(ish) on the Amiga and I expected better.

Why do you think SI release a gold demo?

If you can't play that, then it's very likely you can't play the full game.

Ok - question 1 - have you got the latest operating system - because it wont work on the old ones?

Question 2 - whats your graphics card? Every mac ive ever seen is massively underated in the graphics card department - it almost as if apple dont want people to play games on them

Question 3 - have you updated the graphics card drivers?

• SI Staff

Have you tried a totally clean reinstall making sure you delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations before reinstalling:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Logs

User > Library Preferences

This can sometimes help, apologies if i've missed your initial thread with all the forum problems the last day or so it's been difficult to keep track but i'm trying to respond to every Mac thread. Apologies for the problems you've been having as well of course.

Ok - question 1 - have you got the latest operating system - because it wont work on the old ones?

Question 2 - whats your graphics card? Every mac ive ever seen is massively underated in the graphics card department - it almost as if apple dont want people to play games on them

Question 3 - have you updated the graphics card drivers?

1. The box says 10.5. I have 10.5.8

2. ATI,RadeonHD2400 - whatever that means

3. No idea how to do that.

Have you tried a totally clean reinstall making sure you delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations before reinstalling:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Logs

User > Library Preferences

This can sometimes help, apologies if i've missed your initial thread with all the forum problems the last day or so it's been difficult to keep track but i'm trying to respond to every Mac thread. Apologies for the problems you've been having as well of course.

Yes, I tried all that, as recommended in an earlier thread.

Is it crashing during every match or just occasionally?

In the demo, I played five or six matches before it crashed. I restarted, loaded up the same game and it did it again.

I started a new game and it crashed in my first league game after the friendlies.

I started the full game and it crashed in my first friendly. I just tried again, with commentary only, no highlights, and it didn't crash.

But I don't fancy playing the whole game on commentary only.

Lets look at it this way.

Millions of people have bought the game. A tiny handful are having problems. Most of these people have not got their systems properly up to date or have other software related issues.

Guess what, this is the user's fault!

Lets look at it this way.

Millions of people have bought the game. A tiny handful are having problems. Most of these people have not got their systems properly up to date or have other software related issues.

Guess what, this is the user's fault!

That's very helpful. So when buying a game to play on a year-old Mac that matches the spec required, it's my fault it doesn't work? Am I hitting the keys too hard? Have I got my mouse upside down?

When I check for software updates on the Apple menu, it says everything is up to date.

When I went to my graphics card menu via windows and asked it to check for updates - it said - 'fully up to date'

When I went to the graphics card makers website, I discovered that it was FOUR updates out of date.

I dont trust apple or microsoft when it comes to things like that.

When I went to my graphics card menu via windows and asked it to check for updates - it said - 'fully up to date'

When I went to the graphics card makers website, I discovered that it was FOUR updates out of date.

I dont trust apple or microsoft when it comes to things like that.

I went to my graphics card manufacturer's website and couldn't find the card (ATI, Radeon HD2400) listed on their site

As far as I know. Though quite how I'm supposed to know, I have no idea.

Then I would guess that they aren't - which means if they're not up to date then yes it is your fault, whether you knew about them or not :p

You need to..nevermind, Fraz is here now :)

Can you click the Apple logo in the top left hand corner then go to About this Mac > More Info > Graphics/Displays and post everything there please?

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c8

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B2250A-207

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.207

Displays: