HELP - FM10 Crashes after trying to start a new game and add manager

---------------------------

Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

EMMAAYO-PC/C:/Users/rindeboy/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/crash dumps

OK

HI

The game has launched fine for me, but when I try to start a new game, and get to the add new manager screen and try to proceed to the select club to manage screen, it crashes and displays the above message.

It has been doing it since yesterday - i've updated my directx and .net, done the verify files on steam and I created an edito xml file at the start, but de-selected it at the start of the new game, just to make sure it wasn't causing the crash - what is the problem?

The demo worked fine for me too - Can someone from SI/SEGA please help - its getting very annoying now, as i can't get past the trying to start a new game stage.

The crash dump files in my SI folders are in a format which i can't read, so don't know what it actually says (i.e. Windows doesn't recognise the program to read it with)

HELP!!!!!

Have you tried re-installing the game yet with the edited xml file removed?

Just uninstalled the game and re-installing now - will see what happens after that.

Out of curiosity, why should my edited file cause the game to crash - all i did was make a couple of changes and as I said, I de-selected it at the start to make sure it wasn't what was causing the crash

Not sure to be honest.

There haven't been any people (either internally or externally) that, as far as I'm aware, experienced a crash during the add new manager setup. So, this seems like a very isolated crash and resetting to the same original setup as everyone else (who have not had this crash) is worth a try.

I'm having the same problem too, I get to the start new game part and select England BSP North/South and have tried all size of database , it gets halfway through the the crash dump error comes up. I have reinstalled 6 times now and thinking of getting my money back. :(

I've got the same problem - not using steam though... I can start the game without adding a manager, but as soon as I start creating a manager-profile (which somewhat makes the game a bit more fun...) it crashes...?

Aye add me to the list of sufferers. Created a new (edited) database and had exactly the same problem as the first poster. Tried to start a new game without using the edited database and can't even load up using default db. Pretty annoying I must say.

EDIT. OK so I've deleted my edited db's and default loads up fine. Am I to assume that (until a new patch at least) the data editor is useless?

• 2 months later...

Been playing on a local network game for a while, into second season. just gone to start my own game and around halfway through loading the database it crashes. restarted game and laptop, so annoying cant even play. ALthough current game does load up okay.

I also have a problem, and so far i cant find a soluition to it.

i have narrowed it down to 1 issue.

everytime i click on a generated staff or player it crashes. :confused:

EDIT: Non edited database just a standard set-up right out the box

ive tried everyting listed in these forums.

• 1 month later...

Archived