Did not like 09, should I buy 10?

Hello all,

Firstly, I've played and thoroughly enjoyed FM07 but I missed 08. I decided to buy FM09 and, frankly, found it to be very, very slow and far more boring than 07. After reading a number of topics of these forums I discovered that it appears SI took a deliberate step to make the game more appealling to hard-core fans and less engaging to more casual gamers who preferred 07's approach. I have no particular view on this decision and have not started this topic to debate it.

However, after reading a few topics on the new 10 version it appears as though the game is faster, more enjoyable and generally a better product than 09. I was wondering whether, having really disliked 09, I should buy 10 or whether I would find that the series has just changed too much from 07 for a more casual football fan to enjoy.

I would welcome any responses, thanks in advance!

Best game of the FM series so far.

- It runs very quickly

- The improved 3d, new tactics system, match anyalsis tool all improve the game

- The new interface is easy to navigate ground

- And everything is a lot better (team talks, press conferences e.t.c)

Allez Les Rouches :)

FM10 is the true successor to FM07 - it's the best game yet of the FM Series. At least try the demo.

One thing - as for the casual fan enjoying it - I think the tactics creator helps immensely with that as does the backroom advice feature.

My words exactly, i also made the jump from FM07 too FM10 and it's awesome!

I was in a similar boat to yourself, loved 07 but didn't really like 09 and after the first month or so post release I hardly touched it. Tried the 10 demo, bought the game and so far am really liking it. I'm not one to spend hours on tactics so the new tactical wizard is great for me, I put together a huge set of different tactics in hardly any time and what is great is that they seem to work and when they don't its much easier and quicker to change up during a game.

I also really like the interface, the fact the game runs faster and I feel the match engine is much improved. I think for the casual fan, this game will be easier to get into than 09 and I feel much more positive about this game than I did 09 at this stage.

Same here, I jumped from 07 to 10 after trying the demo. I also bought FM09 but after playing it for a couple of week I found it too boring and went back to FM07, but this time is different. Maybe it's my impression but I think FM10 is as faster as FM07. Interface also has improved a lot and now they have meet again 2007 standards. On FM10 you are not bothered all the time with useless features.

FM08 and FM09 were huge disappointingly to me. This year with the eminent CM10 competition SI decided to make a good game again, and they have proved they know how to make it. Very impressed so far. Buy FM10.

Same here, I jumped from 07 to 10 after trying the demo. I also bought FM09 but after playing it for a couple of week I found it too boring and went back to FM07, but this time is different. Maybe it's my impression but I think FM10 is as faster as FM07. Interface also has improved a lot and now they have meet again 2007 standards. On FM10 you are not bothered all the time with useless features.

FM08 and FM09 were huge disappointingly to me. This year with the eminent CM10 competition SI decided to make a good game again, and they have proved they know how to make it. Very impressed so far. Buy FM10.

I agree FM08 and Fm09 were slow and not user-friendly. Fm2010 is the fastest and the best.

Hello all,

Firstly, I've played and thoroughly enjoyed FM07 but I missed 08. I decided to buy FM09 and, frankly, found it to be very, very slow and far more boring than 07. After reading a number of topics of these forums I discovered that it appears SI took a deliberate step to make the game more appealling to hard-core fans and less engaging to more casual gamers who preferred 07's approach. I have no particular view on this decision and have not started this topic to debate it.

However, after reading a few topics on the new 10 version it appears as though the game is faster, more enjoyable and generally a better product than 09. I was wondering whether, having really disliked 09, I should buy 10 or whether I would find that the series has just changed too much from 07 for a more casual football fan to enjoy.

I would welcome any responses, thanks in advance!

Mate you should defo buy this game. Faster than 09 for me and by far the best football management game in the business... New layout is good aswell :)

Archived