Football Manager 2010 Regen Thread

Now whilst I may be jumping the gun just a tad here, after a quick search on the forums I didn't see another thread on this topic so i thought it can't hurt to start it. If there is a more frequent poster on these lovely forums who wanted to do this official thread then by all means, delete mine and proceed with yours.

We all love when we find an absolute gem of a regen in our game, makes us so proud when these youth gems turn out to be wonderkids and then superstars of the game. Now ideally it would be fantastic if you find what you would class as a decent regen, please post up a screenshot of his Attributes and let us know how the lad is going for you after signing him.

Now, to do a screenshot, just press PrtSc button on your keyboard and load up Paint and paste it in there, Save the file to your hard drive and then upload it to a site such as imageshack.

You will then need the html to paste in here.

Hope the above instructions are helpfull for you all. Now let the enjoyment begin, in the search of Young Gems :thup:

by the way, if you want to have a look at past regens from Football Manager 2009 and some examples of screenshots, then please just go here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=89451&highlight=2009+regens

Regens are even worse in 2010 than in 2009. I really don't know what SI are doing with the regen process. But it is sad to see them fail yet again. I would post wonder players if they existed. Made an holliday test until 2030 and the results are appaling. Best players in the world would be average Everton players.

Here's the best creative midfielder on earth on 2031:

fm2010reg.jpg

And the best defender:

fm2010reg1.th.jpg

And the best striker:

fmstriker.th.jpg

Mind you, these are the very best, and it is really hard to find other players at their (relatively low) level. There's plenty mediocracy here.

• Administrators

For a start there are no such things as Regens anymore, they are known as Newgens. The process has once again gone under a fair amount of tweaking to get the balance right. If you feel they are not balanced, please create a bug about it in the bugs forum and provide a save game with plenty of evidence. Thanks.

maybe this needs to be moved to the Good Players Forum section, sorry

No, it doesn't.

I created the FM09 Regen Thread for this forum, and it is for this forum because it is general.

Regens only appear on one persons game, and so would be useless in the GPTG Forum, as you would have people searching them, when they only exist on your game.

And, Neil, your right, regens are newgens, but for us hard-core fans there still regens ;):D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
what's the option you have to enable/disable for regens to appear?
Newgens are generated on specific days of the year constantly throughout the game process. This can't be disabled, otherwise your game would only last for about 20 years or so before all players in the game had retired. To make them appear from the very beginning on the game in place of real players, when you're selecting which leagues will be active look at the bottom of the screen and you'll see a list of options, most of them ticky boxes. Untick the one for "Use Real Players" and that'll remove all the real players from the game and replace them with newgens :)

• 4 weeks later...
Regens are even worse in 2010 than in 2009. I really don't know what SI are doing with the regen process. But it is sad to see them fail yet again. I would post wonder players if they existed. Made an holliday test until 2030 and the results are appaling. Best players in the world would be average Everton players.

Mind you, these are the very best, and it is really hard to find other players at their (relatively low) level. There's plenty mediocracy here.

I agree, there are only a few players with the right stats in my game, many others have really low stats in key areas for their position, it looks like as if nothing has been changed at all.

Young strikers with like 5 on composure or off the ball, defenders with 7 positioning or low jumping, they rarely improve much these stats on their carrers, also my scouts keep recommending youngsters like these and giving them 2.5 - 3 stars, when they should be 1.5 star maximum.

The only solution so far is buying some rare youngsters with decent stats for their position, and them try to improve them, ive actually had some sucess so far, but the AI didnt, and its making the game easier since i can score headers and play though the middle since the AI defenders are so bad.

Im in 2023, and ive filtered defenders for 16 positioning, marking, tackling and jumping, ive got 3 only!!! And 1 is on my team, the other one was my reserve but i sold him, and the other one was a youngster of my team that i also sold, looks like the AI cant keep up with the training. If i filter for 15 positioning, marking, tackling and jumping, ive got only 16, including the other 3 ive mentioned, which only 1 of these are world class. If i search for defenders only there are like 15 world class defenders, but 14 of these do not have the key stats for defenders.

Ive only applied patch 10.3 in 2021, but many of the regens have 1 - 5 in key areas, and they havent been improving much, im really disappointed with this so far, as i though they would be actually fixed with this patch, but lets see if they will get better in the next years.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=498&pictureid=3586[/img]"]picture.php?albumid=498&pictureid=3586

My pride and joy. Too bad he is only 5'9, jumping at 7 and can use only his left foot. Otherwise he would be too much to handle. Still trying to find the best role for him. Currently he is training Comes Deep to get Ball as he seems to play better deeper.

So by 2030 newgens/regens are crap? Damn! In some way I have to agree with this. Finding it hard to sign anyone worthy in this last 2 seasons (im in 2023 now). Maybe this is random & rare cases? For instance I think my game is a rarerity. England has 6 World Class Players, and 4 are playing for my team. This game so far is the highest ever amount of high quality English players.

Maybe SI wants us to have a life. They ran out of superlatives once we played up to 2030.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=498&pictureid=3586[/img]"]picture.php?albumid=498&pictureid=3586

My pride and joy. Too bad he is only 5'9, jumping at 7 and can use only his left foot. Otherwise he would be too much to handle. Still trying to find the best role for him. Currently he is training Comes Deep to get Ball as he seems to play better deeper.

So by 2030 newgens/regens are crap? Damn! In some way I have to agree with this. Finding it hard to sign anyone worthy in this last 2 seasons (im in 2023 now). Maybe this is random & rare cases? For instance I think my game is a rarerity. England has 6 World Class Players, and 4 are playing for my team. This game so far is the highest ever amount of high quality English players.

Maybe SI wants us to have a life. They ran out of superlatives once we played up to 2030.

Yeah because he hasnt been edited lol.

Jesus, what is the point? :rolleyes:

Every year I eagerly await the end of the first season so can see if si have finally got the regens right, every year I am biterly dissapointed. I've yet to get 1 well ballenced player and I loom at some of your screen shots and the ones that are not obviously edited, are just good com

pared to the awful crap we are used to.

It's pathetic really how si can't get such a simple thing right after 15+ years of making the game.

Anyways, thank god for the fmrte! All I do is every couple of seasons get drunk and create a load of new players ( good and average but ballenced) and when I next go to the play I have a load of newgens in the game but don't remember who or where they are so it's like the game has made them! :)

How many ca points do newgens gain per year on average on FM10?

I know that on last years version they only went up by about 10 per year so a newgen with a ca of say 80 and pa of 180 would never reach anywhere near potential.

It varies due to a number of circumstances (eg club, playing time, training schedule, training regime, PA and CA)

• 3 months later...

2iqe4va.jpg

He's not the best, but he's my captain. Had him at my Liverpool team as a 20 year old, let him go, and he kickstarted his career and is a bit of a Spurs legend.

2lcpkox.jpg

Amazing wonderkid. Before he joined me, had 26 goals in 39 league games. Since then has 36 in 46 for me. Currently battling it out for top scorer in the prem

mkyng4.jpg

Without doubt the best keeper regen I've ever seen. Signed him for Liverpool, but left the next year. When I got the Spurs job a couple of years later, I brought him in without scouting him, he was meant to be my backup, I got him at the club and was pleasantly surprised. He's been first choice, bumped the established 1st choice off his perch!

2vw8did.jpg

Quality player, though has yet to show how good he is on the pitch. He's only 17 though, so he's got time!

Yeah because he hasnt been edited lol.

Jesus, what is the point? :rolleyes:

Why does everyone assume that strikers with more than one 20 in technicals and mentals are edited? Weak foot and physicals take up more ca points so a striker with very weak other foot and mediocre physicals and a ca of 185+ is going to have impressive looking stats. There's two in my game and it's only 2016...

These are my three best right now:

RVCcX.jpg

Carlos is simply unreal, with incredible stats on both offense and defense. He currently pulls the strings as my defensive midfielder.

35qfF.jpg

Jorge is only 21, and has already be named English Footballer of the Year, World Football of the Year, World Player of the Year, European Football of the Year, and European Midfielder of the Year.

Dv3T7.jpg

Scott is my captain, and is also captain of England. He is simply an amazing poacher.

Archived