Tried Absolutely everything that SI members have mentioned...

I was on this forum for over 10 hours last night. Updated graphics drivers, direct x files. Game has been downloaded via Steam. Updated the most recent patch and also the late update that was released by steam which was supposed to solve the Directx issues people have been having. Also ticked the box which is supposed to verify the game via the Steam buttom and defraged it as well as someone mentioned to try this. My laptop is up to the specs offered on the game. Steam launches perfectly fine but when the game goes to launch I get the message like 2010 10.1.0f84847.

Steve Cox and Grant from Si have both tried there best but the problem is clearly still there and I am yet to play fm 2 days after buying the game.

Any other ideas???

I was on this forum for over 10 hours last night. Updated graphics drivers, direct x files. Game has been downloaded via Steam. Updated the most recent patch and also the late update that was released by steam which was supposed to solve the Directx issues people have been having. My laptop is up to the specs offered on the game. Steam launches perfectly fine but when the game goes to launch I get the message like 2010 10.1.0f84847.

Steve Cox and Grant from Si have both tried there best but the problem is clearly still there and I am yet to play fm 2 days after buying the game.

Any other ideas???

I have the most basic of knowledge when it comes to technical issues but if I were to use a bit of initiative I'd try uninstalling the whole thing and try again. As time consuming as that might be, it could be a solution (?).

Or have you already tried that?

I have the most basic of knowledge when it comes to technical issues but if I were to use a bit of initiative I'd try uninstalling the whole thing and try again. As time consuming as that might be, it could be a solution (?).

Or have you already tried that?

I have tried uninstalling the game before and that has not worked. Thanks for the reply though

What OS are you using?

I am using Windows Vista home premium.

have you tried %appdata% and deleting folders Sports Interactive or Steam.

I dont have a clue what that is mate but have not done that yet? what would that do exactly??

Why don't you reinstall Windows?

My laptop is my job so I wont be uninstalling the whole windows just because the makers of the game have made an error. I also had the same problem with the demo which I mentioned on here only to be ignored. There is over 450 posts on the previous thread about people with the same problem.

I dont have a clue what that is mate but have not done that yet? what would that do exactly??

My laptop is my job so I wont be uninstalling the whole windows just because the makers of the game have made an error. I also had the same problem with the demo which I mentioned on here only to be ignored. There is over 450 posts on the previous thread about people with the same problem.

Don't take this the wrong way, i know it suck when someone comes and dismisses your problem on a forum . However PC software can never ever be fully tested on the incalculable amount of different hardware and software variations it will encounter in a real life situation. That you choose to try the demo (which didn't work) and buy the full version anyway removes pretty much any right you have to complain.

Don't take this the wrong way, i know it suck when someone comes and dismisses your problem on a forum . However PC software can never ever be fully tested on the incalculable amount of different hardware and software variations it will encounter in a real life situation. That you choose to try the demo (which didn't work) and buy the full version anyway removes pretty much any right you have to complain.

I was assured by SI memebers on this thread that the game would not encounter the same problems as I had with the Demo. The Demo is launched so problems like this can be identifed and fixed before the official launch of a game.

The game is not loading because there is a clear fault with either Steam or the game itself. If you dont have nothing construction to say then I would rather you kept your mouth shut and crawl back to the pit you came from.

does anyone know if this is likely to make a difference if I was to try and load the game from the disc and ignoring Steam altogether?

I would uninstall steam completely then go to AppData and remove anything Steam or Sports Interactive because theres traces and settings left there which don't always get removed when applications are uninstalled.

Also check Program files and do the same if required.

You can access Appdata by going to the Start Menu, Search or Run and type in %AppData%

The location should be C:/Windows/Users/YOUR NAME/Appdata/Roaming

Then reboot and start over.

I would uninstall steam completely then go to AppData and remove anything Steam or Sports Interactive because theres traces and settings left there which don't always get removed when applications are uninstalled.

Also check Program files and do the same if required.

You can access Appdata by going to the Start Menu, Search or Run and type in %AppData%

The location should be C:/Windows/Users/YOUR NAME/Appdata/Roaming

Then reboot and start over.

If I uninstall Steam does this mean I have to pay for the game again? I pre loaded the game from Steam? Would i lose the game completely??

I have tried to delete Sports Interactive in the place you suggested but I get the message " No longer exists in this location". try to find it elsewhere.!!

Deleted the files you mentioned AppData, reinstalled Steam and now reinstalling FM. Once this is done I will click to verify cache and try and load the game.

That right lads?

The other thing I had to do was delete the file:

C:\Program Files\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob (close steam first, delete the file and then restart steam)

This allowed steam to correctly update and the program then ran fine. Don't try this unless the steps you are currently taking don't work.

Mate I was having the exact same problem and finally solved it by doing the following...

1) Completely close Steam

2) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\directx

3) There should be a file called DXsetup, click on this and install it

4) Restart Steam

5) Do the game cache trick and hopefully it will work

...All im saying is it worked for me and like you I was losing hope of ever playing at all.

...Just give it a shot mate and good luck. :)

Just a thought. If you go into the steam folder mentioned above, find the FM.exe file, right click on it, go to compatibility and set it to Windows Vista or Windows XP SP3. See if that helps.

Oh and make sure that "run as administrator" is ticked.

Archived