I need some advice please.....

Hey guys, I've been playing fm for many years now, mostly without too much success...

However, on fm08, after starting with Chelsea and playing for 12 seasons (during which I moved to Inter, Real Madrid and also managed 6 nations), I won pretty much everything from the Community Shield to the FIFA World Cup. So I was pretty proud of that BUT....

My main goal is to win the Champions League with my favourite club, Partizan Belgrade. I know it's one thing to do well with big clubs in strong leagues with lot's of money, and quite another to compete with the giants of European football with a team like Partizan.

So my question is....what is the most amazing thing you've done with a small club? In other words, is my goal at all realistic or is it simply impossible? (My friend managed to win the Champions League with Partizan on the 2004 version of the game but a LOT has changed since then, I trust it would be somewhat harder to achieve this now)

Please let me know if you've done something similar or if you feel that it is just too unrealistic...

dafuge's Dartford career

DodgeeD's Estudiantes Santander career

...those are just a couple of examples of people who have taken previously unplayable teams (low rep teams) to the height of success. Pop over and have a look in the career updates forum, there's plenty more there...maybe even your story about taking Partizan Belgrade to being champs of Europe in the future! :D

On FM08 I managed to get Celtic to the Champions league final and although I did lose 2-1 to Real Madrid it does show that you dont have to be managing in one of the richest leagues in the world to build a successful team. Good luck with getting Partizan success in Europe, sounds like an interesting challenge.

dafuge's Dartford career

DodgeeD's Estudiantes Santander career

...those are just a couple of examples of people who have taken previously unplayable teams (low rep teams) to the height of success. Pop over and have a look in the career updates forum, there's plenty more there...maybe even your story about taking Partizan Belgrade to being champs of Europe in the future! :D

WOW!!! I had no idea things like that were possible!! Now i'm definitely pumped for my Partizan game, thanks! And I certainly hope to have a succesful career to share with everyone in the near future :D

FM09: Excelsior in the Dutch top flight, (now in the 1st division :( ) Within three season, saved them from relegation, qualified for Uefa cup and then won the league and the uefa cup. then spiraled down to mid table, got a job in the UK premier to continue lol

So it must be possible, might take a few years developing and researching for the right players, get them really connected to the club and before they all get snapped up by Real beat the crap out of them in the final I would say. Good luck

On FM08 I managed to get Celtic to the Champions league final and although I did lose 2-1 to Real Madrid it does show that you dont have to be managing in one of the richest leagues in the world to build a successful team. Good luck with getting Partizan success in Europe, sounds like an interesting challenge.

Thanks! Nice work btw, it seems fm08 was lucky for us both :)

FM09: Excelsior in the Dutch top flight, (now in the 1st division :( ) Within three season, saved them from relegation, qualified for Uefa cup and then won the league and the uefa cup. then spiraled down to mid table, got a job in the UK premier to continue lol

So it must be possible, might take a few years developing and researching for the right players, get them really connected to the club and before they all get snapped up by Real beat the crap out of them in the final I would say. Good luck

Haha, that's the spirit, leave them when they need you most lol. Jokes, well done winning the Uefa Cup!!

Yeah, I think making the right signings is crucial, especially at the beginning...

Archived