Belgium transfer window

I got an odd question. I started a game where I am managing a team in the Belgium third division. Now, whenever i try to sign players who are out of contract with another team in the same division, i see on the note that the deal will not be finalized until the following summer. Is this the norm? Can someone explain how the system works? Or is it just off, because it's a new game.

Am trying to figure out my long term strategy here...also i am looking to make sure i have plenty of "home grown" players of Belgium descent for the cup runs and when i get promoted.

Thanks in advance.

eventually i will, but gonna rock belgium for a few years then will mosey off elsewhere...it's all about the legacy of my coach. :D.

I'll eventually end up in england in the lower leagues...just want to bounce around europe a bit, and since i've never done belgium before, figured good place to start.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

From what I'm getting from the rules, from the 2nd of July to 31st of august you can only transfer players from divisions HIGHER than your own, 1st of july you can transfer from anywhere but after that one day it gets restricted.

so yeah if you want to sign players from the same division you have to plan ahead. no signing +30 players for me!

Archived