Downloaded the Patch, how do i insert it into the game?

Hi all, i'm new here, Ive been playing the demo for past few weeks, its the first time ive ever played a FM game, and have no prior experience in the FM series, or the updating/patching thing.

I've just been to game and bought the boxed version i think its called.. anyway, went into GAME and bought it for 30 quid, got home, saw a patch was availible,

Ive downloaded the patch just a minute ago, Could someone please tell me where i put the Patch so that its inserted into FM2010?

Sorry if i sound thick, ive just never done this before.

I'd like to start playing the game NOW, so any help ASAP would be a massive help

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Simply double click on the file (which should be an .exe file if you're on a PC).

Welcome to the forums and the world of FM mate :).

Thanks mate glad to be here :)

It's done now.. but says i have a 'Small Database' what does that mean? and would it be better it is was a bigger one? if so.. how would i enlarge it?

Good stuff!

Erm, are you on the 'new game' screen? If so, where it says small database, click that area and you should be able to pick between 'Small, Medum, Large and Customized'. The larger the database the more players there are but it will cause your game to be slower; how much slower is dependent on your system.

See down the side, where it has a list of countries? If you click the tick box next to a country, it will put them in the game for you. This means that you will be able to manage in that country as well as England.

Example: If you click the tick box next to Spain, you could play as any team in England or as any team in Spain.

Get me?

Archived