player potential/scout reports

Hey guys, gotta say, only been playing a couple of hours but first impressions are that I am, well, impressed. However, Ive noticed that most, if not all scout reports say that players are fairly good or useful signings, and will turn out as good players, but nothing special (2.5-3 stars). I found this a little odd as this was being said for some of the best young talent around the world. So I decided to have a look on the editor at their PA (which I hate doing btw) and the players PA's suggested that they could become world-class talents. Is this an anomoly? The scouts are clearly giving false reports so how I meant to decide on buying a young player? Any of you fella's had the same?

im utd. i get that team reps influnce player ratings from scouts/ ass man , but i thought that a player with a pa of 185 might be classed better than 'a fairly good player'. if he reaches that he'd be one of the best players in the game surely?

i think its gonna be difficult picking up players from scout reports. almost every player ive scouted is going to be 'fairly good', as it turned out 1 striker i looked at had a pa of 189, which is better than any utd player now i believe? I wont be able to trust my scouts to judge a player properly. this is gonna be tough.

i suppose, with a little experimentation, you can learn to interpret the report i.e 'good player' = bloody amazing, 'fairly good' = excellent, and so on

just scouted the little argentinian wizard, and my scout said he would improve the team. so if scout says that ur pretty much on to a winner lol

edit, ok so i put my sherlock holmes hat on and did some investigating. with my best scout i looked at a truck load of players and here's what I found, there were 2 4 star players (both play in spain now unfortunately :(). Players with a PA that suggested they could be some of the best players in the game were deemed 'good', and given 3 stars (this was applicable for most of the famous youngsters in the game), players that would turn in to very good players were deemed 'fairly good', players that could be classed as better than good but not excellent were 'useful' and so..you get the picture.

this applies for manchester utd using their best scout (using other scouts the ratings differed a little so i'd suggest keeping ur best scout for double checking). basically, you will never have a report with a 5 star player for utd, what should be 4-4.5 stars is 3 stars for a club of this reputation. just adjust ur thinking and u should be set.

I hope this helps anyone who had the same queries I did. other than this it seems a pretty awesome game so far

Archived