Can someone from SI please tell me whats going on

Can someone from SI please tell us whats going on or help us. I've spent the past 4 hours trying to load this game and might as well of did f*** all!!!!! This is extremely frustrating. I put the disk into the drive and nothing happens, the set upexe thing doesn't work and so far i've downloaded various java and direct x things that people have suggested and it still wont work. I'm getting so frustrated i feel like punching the screen!!! Having spent the week doing tax computations for people with a hell of alot more money than me this should be easy to install and i should be relaxing and enjoying this game!!!!!!!

Here are other threads of people having the same problems and no answers in there:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159767

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158957&page=4

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159644

Please can somebody help!!!!!

if there is no luck, try the above ^^^^^ copy and paste all that text into notepad and save the file as

Autoplay.reg (make sure you select all files and not .txt)

then save it to desktop or documents somewhere easy to find, it will then be displayed as a document with a blue cube over it, if not then its not saved in the correct format.

Double click it then it will give you a pop up just click yes or continue, and when its installed to registry restart pc and see if you have any luck when you pop the disk back in.

Thanks for the help man. if i restore it and that will hopefully get me back to being able to view the folder. Any chance if i post what happens then if you could help again. Your the extremely helpful and know your sh*t!!! And your willing to help unlike anyone from SI

Dude your op was at 23:37 on Friday night. :D

this is what Sega posted on another post:-

It seems that some of the drives have a less than favourable tolerance to the 'pressed' media - this can happen occasionally.

You have a few options:

1) Try to lightly clean the surface of the disc with a soft cloth using a circular motion (from the centre to the edge) - the release agents in the pressing process can sometimes leave a residue that stops the disc being read correctly.

2) Look for an updated 'firmware' for your drive - regardless of the 'my machine is xyz and is only abc months old' - the chances are the drives you have were purchased in bulk a long while before manufacture of the final machine and the 'firmware' could easily be out of date.

3) Last but not least, return the disc to the store and demand a replacement (if a laptop and if possible, take it in with you so they can see it - I know the returns policies on opened games are horrendous).

Another guy said this on the post i saw:-

I've managed to get it working, BUT.. had to copy the disc on another computer that WOULD read the disc. I then inserted the copy into my XP computer and it read the disc straight away.

I then Installed> Ejected the copy > Re inserted the original then it read.

any ideas as to why I had to do this ? Could it be the copy protection thing, Have I bypassed it by making a copy of the disc?

If you havent already done this. Try right clicking on my computer and click manage, when it comes up select device manager, go to dvd/cd rom drives in the list that appears on the right, your optical drive should be listed below, then right click on that drive and select update driver software.

I had the same problem, and I fortunetly managed to run the game at the end. This only works, obviously, if you use Steam to activate the game. Open Steam, click on ''Games'', then ''Activate a product on Steam''. Then type in the activation code which is on the backside of your game manuel. This ofc with the CD in the drive.

Hope this helps.

i had awful problem with that last year, was hoping to stay away from it!!! Is the game working perfectly for you now though?

I never managed to get the PC to read the disc, so this was the only option that worked for me. And yes, its working as it should I suppose. :)

Steam activation has been, compared to last years problems, a joke, in a good way. Install, download patch, update direct x and away we go :)

Yeah I know, but last year was a real mess imo. But your right, you have to download the local files, the patch and all that... And update direct x, so it took a few minutes. But it's worth it at the end. :rolleyes:

Direct X always give me problems, I have to be online to install a new FM ! (only affects FM though!!!!) , lucky my GF insisted we get broadband over a year ago. This year I had a problem with the patch, had to download 3 different versions before one would work -could have been my PC refusing to save all the files to be fair (all the save files were hugely different in size!), but that is because my PC thought they were malicious and that I blame on SI for the coding thereof! Eventually downloaded on another PC and transferred over on a flashdrive. Anyway, apart from one random crash (save regularly guys!) the game is awesome, and not the release-day nightmare of last year.

This is UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!

It is possible that for people play a normal game, need to reinstall window ???????????

Why the rest of the games out there work just fine??

And no i wont reinstall window for this garbage, I wont lose my work and settings because this damm game every time is launch there are a millions bugs.

This story is just one part of it more bugs has been found as well, give me ther flashback of the 09 game.

SI never learn from the past every year the same story I wonder untill when people keep trust them to relase a proper working game.

Archived