Can we have some positives please?

After all the negative posts on here in the last 24 hrs I thought we could start looking at the positives of FM10.

Let me just say i'm not saying any of the negative posts are unwarranted and completely understand how annoyed those with problems must be.

Anyway I'll start

How much better is the match engine in the finished game (patched) from the demo.

After a few days in the demo I was back to 2d / commentary only.

I decided to give the 3d another go after the patch fix list and boy am I impressed.

What else?

Jay

After all the negative posts on here in the last 24 hrs I thought we could start looking at the positives of FM10.

Let me just say i'm not saying any of the negative posts are unwarranted and completely understand how annoyed those with problems must be.

Anyway I'll start

How much better is the match engine in the finished game (patched) from the demo.

After a few days in the demo I was back to 2d / commentary only.

I decided to give the 3d another go after the patch fix list and boy am I impressed.

What else?

Jay

It's just absolutely class and I love everything about it! I didn't bother with FM09 cos my old laptop was on the blink and I was also concerned about the first stab with the 3D engine.

I now have a new mac book which runs the game like a dream and I am so impressed with how far the game has come since FM 08.

Hats off to the developers.

here is a positive im not a Steam hater my game works 100% fine!

same here,half an hour past midnight last night and i was starting my game up. i would use steam again as it was easy for me and had no problems with it this year. i think the game is the most complete yet and i love it, id agree with the post furter up about the background though, like there used to be in champ man 00/01.

It's just absolutely class and I love everything about it! I didn't bother with FM09 cos my old laptop was on the blink and I was also concerned about the first stab with the 3D engine.

I now have a new mac book which runs the game like a dream and I am so impressed with how far the game has come since FM 08.

Hats off to the developers.

Same here.

FM09 is the only version from the series CM & FM that i dont own. I tried the demo but it was soo slow, FM10 however, flying along

Got a boxed copy of FM10 at midnight from my local Tesco store, and have been playing it since (with a small bit of sleep in between). Not had any problems at all, completed the first full season without any glitches or errors. Running the game on Windows XP with the disc inserted. 3D graphics are running nicely and smoothly too... Much improved over the previous game version IMO.

Don't worry. It's completely normal that the people who have difficulties loading are the ones who post first as they need urgent help to get started. Understandably they are annoyed after not being able to run what they have been looking forward to.

Most will just be happy with some advice they could have got quicker by just reading the FAQ, others will realize they are below the minimum specs (and be very frustrated) and others again will get other advice to make it work.

What we don't see is people complaining about the game itself. So chances are we have a brilliant game on our hands. :)

very impressed with the time it took my 4 year old laptop to create a database. also happy that it showed how many players will be loaded into it and all kinds of options for the database (a la "get all players with national reputation from eastern europe").

don't have time today for actual gameplay though, good luck for everyone on a massive FM all nighter! :)

Well seems to have managed to get passed my first stumbling block of errors, guess it just takes an angel's patience to retry and retry. And as I promised here is the positives. I really like the new tactics, the way you can set up what you want to see when looking through lists of player, backroom staff advices might be a cool thing need abit more time to decide on that but it is a good start to involve someone other than the ass man in the game. They must have done something right considering I'm still here and have to get up for a 10 hour shift at work in a little less than 5 hours.

I think you will find, that 90% of the people are too busy playing the game because its that good, and the 10% not able to play the game have spare time to sit on here and complain about the game.

And those 10% are not playing because it keeps crashing if the threads are anything to go by but I like this game more and more as I play on and find things I haven't noticed before.

Has it been that negative? I can see a few complaints with technical issues, many of which are related to Steam. I don't seem that many complaining about the game itself.

This. I've only seen a handful of negative threads. You should have seen FM08's release (though I'm told CM03-04's was worse).

Well i think the best positive is that on a first uninfromed look by an outsider like myself the board seems much more cicil than in previous version, actually a good sign for the game. Most people complain about Royal Mail or Steam, so either no one got the game because of this yet ;-) or it is far superior to previous versions.

Archived