Steam - Installing again?!?!?!

I install the game and the patch with steam.... Play a little, and turn off computer....

5 hours latter, Steam is installing the game again....

Every time I'll play I'll have to install this game????

F**** off Steam..... Last time I bought this game with steam.... Every year the same history with problems with steam.....

Its more than just a direct x fix, its the main 10.1 patch, Steam automatically patches your game for you if you have it set to do that in settings

Every time (twice now) I come out of the game and start it again steam does a "performing first time set up - installing microsoft direct X for windows"

Not a major problem as the game starts fine after the 3-4 min process but an annoying issue none the less

Every time (twice now) I come out of the game and start it again steam does a "performing first time set up - installing microsoft direct X for windows"

Not a major problem as the game starts fine after the 3-4 min process but an annoying issue none the less

That's strange its never happened to me and I get all my games from Steam now. Maybe it did it the second time after it updated to 10.1? Just a thought

That's strange its never happened to me and I get all my games from Steam now. Maybe it did it the second time after it updated to 10.1? Just a thought

Maybe mate, I suppose I'll find out next time I exit and restart

It's updating for gods sake, there was a brilliantly released emergency patch to aid people who's PC's are misbehaving with DirectX.

Without which you'd be trawling forums and waiting for a download.

Brilliantly released emergency patch? that affected people like myself who had no problems what so ever with the game?

Brilliant for people with problem's ,indeed ,if you didnt have problem's ,oh well ,tough *****, you just lost all your data if you didnt save.

I wouldnt have been trawling any forum's ,my game worked just fine.

"Brilliant" eh...ill tell you what would have been brilliant...if i could have continued playing my game and not losing all my data because of a major **** up after winning EVERY SINGLE GAME for around 3 months ,that ,my dissillusioned friend ,would have been "brilliant".

If SI/SEGA/STEAM (who ever is to blame) would have not released a complete balls up , and not have to implement an "emergency we messed up badly" patch ,would have been "brilliant".

Take those rose tinted goggle's off and look at the big picture.

This has just happened to me too.

I installed through Steam, it downloaded the patch. I've woken up this morning to play it and it's updating again.

Oh well... I may aswell earn some brownie points with the missus and mow the lawn whilst it's updating. My internet connection is not very fast so it could take a while.

Maybe the option to play with disk in drive might be a better option for you. But like the brownie points idea. I think I've used mine up already when I stumbled out of bed at midnight to get the disk and knocked over a chair which woke her up.

Archived