In a spot of bother lads....

hi guys , just went down to my local xtra vision and bought the game.

so just in the door , on the computer , put the disk in and for the past 10 minutes it has been at 100%. A wee box has been up on the screen for the last 10 minutes at 100% under InstallAnywhere... and as i said it just stays at 100% saying 'InstallAnywhere is preparing to install' and 'extracting.'

i hope i'm not screwed? :(

cheers guys for the help... just want to play this great game.

using the same computer as i did for fm 09 and had no bother installing fm 09... using windows xp... my computer isn't that old ffs !

Thanks guys , help appreciated.

in the last few years FM has always been a ballix to install. Go back to the old days when you put the disc in and away you go. Seems you need to be an IT expert these days to get playing the game

It is designed to work like that when you buy the disc. Insert it, it will automatically popopen a small window wity one button saying "proceed". The you choose between 2 buttons, one saying "no bollocks" and the other saying "bollocks". You of course choose nr. 1 Problem is, somewhere inside this beast there is a broken appendix which needs to be taken care of by surgeons, so I al calling them now "HALP"

sorry, but if you cant put a CD into your computer and follow the simple instructions on the screen, you should either get a responsible adult to do it for you or you shouldnt be near the computer in the first place.

the OP sentence is like one of those 'missing word' games where you have to fill in the blanks, only better :p

sorry, but if you cant put a CD into your computer and follow the simple instructions on the screen, you should either get a responsible adult to do it for you or you shouldnt be near the computer in the first place.

the OP sentence is like one of those 'missing word' games where you have to fill in the blanks, only better :p

There's really no need for that, however, posting this in technical help might be useful.

This happened to me.

2 things. 1st, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX (9 i think)

and 2nd, use STeam. You can enter your activation code from the manual and then STEAM will download and install the game for you.

That is what i ended up doing as my disc appeared to be useless.

This happened to me.

2 things. 1st, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX (9 i think)

and 2nd, use STeam. You can enter your activation code from the manual and then STEAM will download and install the game for you.

That is what i ended up doing as my disc appeared to be useless.

the latest version of directx is 11 but think thats just vista and W7 users and try updating java to the latest version as it uses java to install the game the latest version of java can be found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_java_runtime/download/9bba7541ab748d6be1816b3a46f765cc/

Archived