Help - Cannot see mouse pointer

just to update, i have tried the usual window tricks - decreasing hardware acceleration, changing resolution etc. The mouse cursor is fine outside of the game, but as soon as i enter FM10 it disappears. Even when it appears it is quite unresponsive when i click.

Finally, i have also lowered the resolution down to the lowest possible within FM, and the problem is the same.

Thanks.

just to update, i have tried the usual window tricks - decreasing hardware acceleration, changing resolution etc. The mouse cursor is fine outside of the game, but as soon as i enter FM10 it disappears. Even when it appears it is quite unresponsive when i click.

Finally, i have also lowered the resolution down to the lowest possible within FM, and the problem is the same.

Thanks.

Hi, I have the same problem & have tried & tried but still cant get it to work.............. have you sorted yours as yet ? if so please help !!!

Hey guys, i had this problem before. I went into control panel, then into the mouse section, then pointer options and in there should be visibilty and make sure that display pointer trails is unchecked. Worked for me hope it works for you to.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it was already unchecked for me. This is really frustrating as the game loads by i cannot play it.

Right, i think i have the solution. I was searching the forums for mouse 'pointer' but it didnt realise the technical term was mouse 'cursor'.

Others had the problem with the demo. In FM, go to preferences and selected your view/resolution as windowed, and bobs your uncle, i can now play! YAY

• 2 weeks later...
change to the fm2010 dark skin

FM-prefs-display and sound-FM 2010 dark

Well I have the exact problem - my mouse cursor sporadically disappears. It's extremely annoying to say the least. Anyway, it has nothing to do with the skin as it happens on both of the default FM10 skins. I can see my cursor at one moment and the next moment it vanishes... I'm going to try windowed mode now - holding thumbs

i had similar problem last year except it just flashed so it wasnt too bad but like you all said it disappears :S i've also realised it disappears when you hover over a link not all the time

Your game won't you let you have it as windowed? That's strange to say the least. Are you playing in Steam? If so, you can force the game to play in windowed mode. Just go to the Steam games page, right-click Football Manager > Properties, then click "Set launch options". In the box, type -sw and it should go windowed next time you load the game. Just in case you need it, you can also set the screen resolution in that box is you need to. Just use -w <width in pixels> -h <height in pixels> and it'll use the size you set. For most people wanting a full-screen sized window this will be "-w 1280 -h 1024" but in the case of smaller screens, try "-w 800 -h 600"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Football Manager 2017 Mouse pointer was not showing.

Thanks for previous advice. I tried all that. Did not work, until.....

For some strange reason the mouse pointer came back when I started pressing the Function keys. F1 Help , F2 Screen Brightness -, F3 Screen Brightness +, F4 Screen selection (single screen, multiple screens, duplicate screen), F5 refresh.

I think it may have been F4 selecting single screen laptop may have helped or perhaps or F5 refresh the screen.

I hope it works for you all. 

Either way it came back. Soooooo frustrating I almost ended my laptop right there and then.

Regards

Andrew Pratt

• HUNT3R locked this topic

Archived