AFC Wimbledon Promoted!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Well done to both AFC Wimbledon and FC United, both great acheivements to get to where they are in such a short space of time. Shows what can be done with the right backing of the fans.

All the best in the future. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Until the point they sell out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Such bias icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't they sponsor them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

No congratulations to MK for their promotion to League One (and JP Trophy win)?

Shameful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And again, why would they?

People a little bit simple here then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

People a little bit simple here then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an MK Dons fan, it was a joke. Stop trolling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

People a little bit simple here then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an MK Dons fan, it was a joke. Stop trolling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MK Dons - all the money they need, a massive stadium and a decent reputation. They had to get promoted or it would have been stupid.

On the other hand..

Hereford United - only spent £40k in the last 12 seasons. Favourites to go down. Hardly any reputation and an aging stadium. Yet they get promoted from the same league as the MK Dons and they got to the 4th round of the FA Cup, overcoming 3 league one teams (including Leeds United) and losing to Cardiff who are now in the final.

So yeah... That's why the MK Dons don't deserve a mention. icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

I've just got back from Kingsmeadow, having gone there after the match along with a huge crowd of AFC fans.

The last 10 minutes of today's match rates very highly in my favourite football moments - such a turnaround in the match, and it's great to see the team that we've sponsored since they began finally being playable in the game officially next season!

As for other clubs, well done to any who have been promoted, and commiserations to those relegated, anywhere in the world. But as this is the Sports Interactive messageboard, and there is a very close affiliation between AFC Wimbledon and Sports Interactive, I think it's only fair for us to be allowed to celebrate AFC's rise through the divisions without anyone moaning at us, or trying to hijack the thread for footballing political reasons.

This morning i said... I don't care what happens as long as wimbledon go up (being a big fan

I dislocated my finger. OOOOOOOUUUCCCCCHHHHHHHHH

How ironic lol.

But it was worth it and I'd do it again.

WHAT A RESULT

I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT

Any other real Dons fans on here?

Are you sponsored by SI?

We're the best club sponsored by the best (insert the name of what SI actually do (is it game making?))

We're special.

We're in the ****ing Conference South

GET IN

My suffering was worth it

Rob mate I dont think you understand the principles of AFC Wimbledon.

After buying your ground and potentially saving your club we now rent it back to you for less than you lent it to us for.

We would never kick you out the ground it would go against everything our club stands for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

All glory supporters anyway. Bailing on the real Wimbledon at the first sign of trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is THAT why the Wimbledon fans turned their backs on th MK Dons? And here was me thinking they formed AFC Wimbledon because they did'nt want their club to become a franchise and move away from their roots.....

And no I'm not a AFC Wimbledon fan, I'm a Stockport County fan and have nothing against MK Dons as such, they have one of my former fave County players, Albi Wilbraham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clovis_kanda87:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

All glory supporters anyway. Bailing on the real Wimbledon at the first sign of trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is THAT why the Wimbledon fans turned their backs on th MK Dons? And here was me thinking they formed AFC Wimbledon because they did'nt want their club to become a franchise and move away from their roots.....

And no I'm not a AFC Wimbledon fan, I'm a Stockport County fan and have nothing against MK Dons as such, they have one of my former fave County players, Albi Wilbraham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wilbraham - one of the worst players for Hull in recent times.

Well done AFC Wimbledon though - be nice to see them back in the league proper sometime soon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clovis_kanda87:

And no I'm not a AFC Wimbledon fan, I'm a Stockport County fan and have nothing against MK Dons as such, they have one of my former fave County players, Albi Wilbraham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wilbraham - one of the worst players for Hull in recent times.

Well done AFC Wimbledon though - be nice to see them back in the league proper sometime soon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot he'd played for you guys. And i forgot my congratulations to AFC Wimbledon, think more than a few are goiong to play as them next year

A legally unchallengable decision to move to milton keynes hardly the 'first sign of trouble' tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

no longer can i use them in the dafuge challenge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, you'll probably be able to use them again the season after next icon_razz.gif

Archived