Newgens in inactive leagues

So I have started my career game and I had some questions about the long term stability of the game.

Does the database size affect the newgens generated in inactive leagues? I somewhat tested this (not a very reliable test :D) and it appears that teams in inactive leagues always generate the same amount of players regardless of the database size.... Is this always so? Say, if I start a game with a small database, will inactive nations eventually "run out" of players due to not many players being generated?

I don't know if this made any sense but thanks for the answers :D

• SI Staff
So I have started my career game and I had some questions about the long term stability of the game.

Does the database size affect the newgens generated in inactive leagues? I somewhat tested this (not a very reliable test :D) and it appears that teams in inactive leagues always generate the same amount of players regardless of the database size.... Is this always so? Say, if I start a game with a small database, will inactive nations eventually "run out" of players due to not many players being generated?

I don't know if this made any sense but thanks for the answers :D

The game creates enough newgens in both inactive and active leagues to maintain the same level of total players as there were at the start of the game.

The game creates enough newgens in both inactive and active leagues to maintain the same level of total players as there were at the start of the game.

Thanks for the answer! :D

How about the nationalities though? I have 6 leagues loaded, and I don't want my game to be crowded with players only from these nations after a few years. Will this be balanced as well?

• SI Staff

Like I said, the game will create newgens into all the leagues/nations that had players there at the start of the game, so the overall balance of nationalities should stay around the same in the long term as well. There may be some yearly fluctuation naturally but it's not like you will run out of newgens from a nation that was not selected as active as long as there were players from that nation in the game at the start.

Archived