buying from PC world - Game Hidden!

buying from PC world - Game Hidden!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just been to Derby's PC world to buy this years game. Couldn't find a single copy on the shelf and there was no gap where it was supposed to go!

Asked an assistant, as it seemed odd they wouldnt have in stock what is consitantly one of the biggest selling PC games each year.

I found his reply rather odd:

"Yes we have it. Its not on the shelf though. We've hidden them all behind the till. We thought there would be a lot of demand for them, so thats why we've done it. If you go to the customer service desk, and wait in the line for help, i'll call them now and tell them your coming for a copy"

So I went and got in line, explained to the man i'd been told I could get a copy from here. He then dug around to the bottom of a cupard and found me out one of only three copies in there and sold it to me.

What a strange marketing strategy they have. Something is going to sell well so lets hide it and make people have to ask, then quietly send them to the desk to buy one of the hidden games likes it's some illegal substance! (lol kind of ironic beause of how addictive the game is.....)

This may just be PC world Derby, but if you go to any other PC world tonight and they dont have a copy. Make sure to ask and maybe even equire do they have any 'hidden away' - just in case any more PC worlds are doing this.

At least I have another excuse to PC World now........

SimoSuperSub

i sent my mate to get a copy from pc world in Norwich and he couldn't find it, so he asked an assisatnt, he took the last off the shelf about 3pm today, we was ment to start our internet game on tuesday but looks like i wont get a copy as i assume all shops will be sold out by tomoroow morning.

i sent my mate to get a copy from pc world in Norwich and he couldn't find it' date=' so he asked an assisatnt, he took the last off the shelf about 3pm today, we was ment to start our internet game on tuesday but looks like i wont get a copy as i assume all shops will be sold out by tomoroow morning.[/quote']

why dont you buy it through steam then? Thats what I would have done it I wasnt passing buy PC world at the time. You wpnt have to delay your game then.

why dont you buy it through steam then? Thats what I would have done it I wasnt passing buy PC world at the time. You wpnt have to delay your game then.

I definitely wouldn't take this advice. I've used Steam on a number of occasions over the years - mainly while I was abroad and couldn't get an English copy of a game - and it never fails to disappoint/irritate. I really cannot for the life of me understand the appeal of this system.

If you can buy a hardcopy, do make the effort!

i sent my mate to get a copy from pc world in Norwich and he couldn't find it' date=' so he asked an assisatnt, he took the last off the shelf about 3pm today, we was ment to start our internet game on tuesday but looks like i wont get a copy as i assume all shops will be sold out by tomoroow morning.[/quote']

Got mine from the Norwich store about 2 PM.

None on shelf so asked the woman at the till and they were all locked up in some cage?!

Archived