Urgent Problem: CD won't install!

Hey guys, I've been looking forward to Football Manager 2010 for months only to be ultimatly depressed to find it doesn't work.

When I insert the CD my computer says that I have inserted a black disc. I have subsequently tried the disc in my laptop which works (unfortunately it's a work laptop which isn't supposed to be used for gaming).

Can anyone please help me with this dilemma; I'm beginning to get very agitated.

Thank-you in advance.

Exact same problem with me, its pretty depressing. I think there might be something wrong with my disc drive (if anyone knows anything about them) but then again FM 08 and 09 both work. Anyone know anyway I can just download it legally off the net? I dont mind paying for it as I could always return it back to the shops tomorrow

i got mine from gamestation, with mine i insert disk and it does nothing, i looked at my computer and its not there but all my usb devices r there... i wonder if it doesnt recognise disc or sumthin... ah well i dno

but i really want to get this fixed like others so i can play the game coz it looks so gd , i had no problems with fm09

I also bought the disc, and I had to install it 3 times, before I got a version that was completed without corrupted files.

Then I have now 3 times in a row experienced crashdump. I cant do the rightclick on icon thingy, cause I have the game installed on a disc, so I dont run it in steam. Please just find a solution peeps

I installed the game and it said it was OK with a few minor errors. The game launced fine but I quit because I remembered there may be a patch. I installed the patch but when I went to load up FM10 I could not find it - its not in the FM10 file in my programme files.

I re-insereted the CD and it recognised it but when I asked it to autorun.....nothing happens..

Help please

Archived