Football Manager 2010 10.10f84847 error!

i use vista home premium, i installed using the disc via steam

i thought everything was fine, installed easily compared to last year then when i launch the game i get the Football Manager 2010 10.10f84847 has stopped working message.

any advice?

After Launching via Steam I get an error message saying "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" or the game fails to Launch

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue.

I was suffering from this problem with a mac. I uninstalled the game and noticed there were folders left even after the uninstall and I didnt play the demo. I deleted them and reinstalled applied the patch and now have no problems on my 3rd game of the league right now whereas it crashed after the first with my assistant running friendlies. Its worth a try if you want to play the game. I noticed the first time that the last 20% of the patch had errors but still installed succesfully, the second time there were no errors at all, thought id share in case someones setup was similar to mine.

I've also had this error twice now. Twice around the same date, can't be sure if it's exactly the same date but I've played roughly the same amount of matches. Playing with Ajax both times, and had the error twice in I think October or November. Haven't managed to get any further than that yet :(

Just followed the instructions above in terms of verifying the integrity and installing the microsoft file, and now I get the same error at startup. Not exactly an improvement. I don't even see the game, just the error pops up...

Could SI comment on this?

• Administrators
I did everything people recommended (verify game cache, direct x etc.) but in the end if it still doesn't work, uninstall steam and install it again - was the only thing that worked for me!

When you re-installed did this solve the issue? Let me know, thanks.

Neil

I had exactly the same problem as the guys above. I tried updating the DirectX, verified the game cache and all the other things in the Steam FAQs forum page.

The only way that seemed to work was to delete the local game files with Steam and re-download it. I can now get on FM10 at least but after the first time I closed it down the error appeared again. I can still get on FM10 through Steam and everything appears fine but occasionally when I close the game down I get the message still. If there's anything else I can do for you let me know :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived