Having a problem with the no disc thing

Installed it via steam, so I didn't have to mess about with the disc. Anyway, got about 40 minutes in, and a message pops up about it unable to find the disc. Clicked retry a few times, it insisted on the disc being put in so I did, saved my game and then quit and reloaded it.

I'd taken the disc out, and it allowed me to play again, no prompt for the disc message only for it to once again come up now. How do I stop this from happening, because I'll get annoyed with it sooner or later as it seems to be happening after a random amount of time, this time getting over an hour out of it before it wanted it.

Installed it via steam, so I didn't have to mess about with the disc. Anyway, got about 40 minutes in, and a message pops up about it unable to find the disc. Clicked retry a few times, it insisted on the disc being put in so I did, saved my game and then quit and reloaded it.

I'd taken the disc out, and it allowed me to play again, no prompt for the disc message only for it to once again come up now. How do I stop this from happening, because I'll get annoyed with it sooner or later as it seems to be happening after a random amount of time, this time getting over an hour out of it before it wanted it.

Did you patch the game after downloading from Steam?

Yea, I did Steam was taking its time about it all so I figured it would have been quicker to do it that way - next time I booted it up it didn't do any of the updating stuff though.

It's not quicker. In fact it makes the game think it's a DVD version rather than a steam version. Steam automatically updates the files without you having to patch.

Please uninstall the game and re-install. When it's done it will be 10.1 without any further updates being needed.

And get rid of the patch you downloaded it's nothing but trouble for a steam install.

Archived