I know Sir Alex has some influence of UEFA but...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

In real life would they move it to a different stadium? Or would they make sure it isn't possible for this to happen by first selecting a stadium of a club not in the Champions League? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No and No.

I guess it's just lucky if you get to play at your own stadium in a European Final.

I think the game is played at the choosen stadium no matter who is in the final. The 1984 final between Liverpool and Roma was played at Roma's home ground, Stadio Olimpico.

Its an unlikely occurence, but it has happened.

It's happened a few times. Feyenoord being a recent beneficiary I seem to remember.

In fact Old Trafford was the venue in 02/03 so it could feasibly happened then. It's the Bernabeu in 2 years time so expect a big campaign from Madrid then...

The 2005 UEFA Cup Final was chosen to be at Sporting's home ground (Estádio José Alvalade). Sporting got to the final but still ended up losing it to CSKA Moscow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

And Liverpool still won icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats why i picked that example icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

In real life would they move it to a different stadium? Or would they make sure it isn't possible for this to happen by first selecting a stadium of a club not in the Champions League? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They wouldn't move it but the ticket allocation would remain the same as if any other team got there. So it wouldn't technically be a "home" crowd vs an away one. Except on FM - we all know how "fixed" the game is at neutral venues. It's not paranoia at all. icon_wink.gif

Archived