How many leagues are you guys running?

I'm currently running all of them on large database, in the 2nd season now. Liverpool won the Prem >.<.

Specs-

Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8GHz

4GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Ram

Samsung Spinpoint F3 500gb HDD

XFX Ati Radeon 4890 XXX Edition @ 900mhz

Asus P7P55D LE

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

:thup:

How's the speed with that? And what did the little "star" speed indicator say when you were setting it up?

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz

6 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3650 256 MB RAM

Vista XP-64 bit

I was hoping to do twenty countries, but the little "star" indicator thing said I'd have about half a star of speed. The more I thought about it, though, the less I thought that sounded right.

All? Twenty?

I usually just run the big leagues: England, Italy, Spain, Germany (and maybe France, Holland and Portugal)

I usually do that, too, but if I CAN have more I might as well do it. Plus, player scouting's more fun when you're actually scouting leagues that are active, and if you have just one team from CONMEBOL, AFC, and CONCACAF than you get their Champions Leagues, which makes for more opportunities for scouts to look for players.

Another question: Can I make a "View Only" league "Playable" at a later point in time?

Leagues:

English leagues down to level 9 (playable)

The top division of every other nation in europe (view only)

db: Custom (Large, Players with english nationaity, all players in top divsion clubs.

Speed rating: 2 stars

Comments: I never want to mange a side outside of england but I do like keeping tabs on other leagues which is why they are view only, loading all players in top divsion clubs also helps. I wanted the league system in England as good as possible so I loaded all players with English nationaity. I find this setup to be good and not to slow as long as you have decent specs. (below)

Specs:

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600

5.28 GHz

4 GB

GeForce 7050 " NVIDIA nForce 630i

England, France, Spain, Norway, Germany, Russia and Italy. At least two leagues from each nation.

I'm quite happy with that, although I will try a game with every single nation and league later.

I doubt it'll work though, since my Vista is 32 bit, which means that I only get 3GB of the 4 GB available.

And I'm playing on a semi-secondhand laptop.

Im on a 2.4gig Core Duo with 4gb RAM (laptop), running 16 Leagues, Large Database, shows 22000 players. But I only made the English,Spanish,Italian and French leagues playable. It says 4 1/2 stars!!! (i still cant believe it - but im well into my season and it really is flying!!)

Rood...

I have a medium database and 22000 players, and I have only half a star :( (performance, right? Not graphics?)

Intel Core™ 2 Quad Q9400 2,66GHz

TWIN2X PC6400C4DHX DDR2 4GB

XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA

I decided now to try extreme settings first and see how it goes, screenshots of it below, 92 leagues from 36 nations.

leagues:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2r5cnde.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/dqno5v.jpg

Custom Db:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2isjqyf.jpg

I started doing something similar last night, and my computer's roughly similar to yours (you have a faster CPU, I have more RAM), but the half a star put me off. Can you let us know how this goes a little later today?

Rood...

I have a medium database and 22000 players, and I have only half a star :( (performance, right? Not graphics?)

Apparently the star rating system that the game uses is flawed so I wouldn't be too concerned about the amount of stars you've got as long as you feel the game is working well.

My spec is a Dell Inspiron Lappie, t9600, 2.4ghz, 4gb RAM with Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate. It's running like a dream (better than on Vista on FM09) despite retaining every club possible with my DDT files (290,000 players!), making every league playable... can't wait to get myself a desktop PC now and hammer it some more!

The new editor system using files? GENIUS.

updated Saints with Connolly, Antonio etc, made plenty of transfer changes and used a competition editor to be able to manage right down to Sydenhams Wessex 1 (Level 10 of English football pyramid)

I am Fareham Town with a full squad of real players :-o

This is incredible. :-o Thank you SI, thank you. I love this.

Apparently the star rating system that the game uses is flawed so I wouldn't be too concerned about the amount of stars you've got as long as you feel the game is working well.

I'm thinking the same. It runs quite nicely, despite only having half a star.

AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Black Quad Core Processor AM3 (3.20GHz, 8MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium SP1, 64-bit + Windows 7 Upgrade Option - English

Midi Tower XGS Gaming Chassis - Black / Black Mesh + 550W PSU

ASUS M4A78 Pro Mainboard, AM2+/AM3 Phenom II- ATX

8GB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (4 x 2GB)

1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer

Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM

1GB ATi HD4850 Graphics accelerator - DVI, DirectX 10.1 PCI Express 2

i was running 50+ leagues on 3.5 stars and it ran as smooth as a babys' bum...until it crashed :(

i'll try running EVERY league and take some screenshots later tonight, for scientific purposes obviously!

I have an Acer Aspire 5536,dual core processor,Radeon HD 3200 graphics,4GB MEMORY and when I hit the recommended button,it said english down to Leagues 2,can't be right so I have the Major leagues,playing 23 leagues on a small database and have 1 star which again is rubbish so will see how it goes.

I started doing something similar last night, and my computer's roughly similar to yours (you have a faster CPU, I have more RAM), but the half a star put me off. Can you let us know how this goes a little later today?

Sure thing, i've just started it now so i check in later and let you know how it works.

Im running English Leagues down to League 2, Serie A, Spain LigaBBVA, French ligue 1, German first Division, Large Date based custom with players from all top division clubs in Europe. so have some like 52000 players. Game said game speed and performance was only half star, but its running really smoothly, not being slow at all.

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 1.70 GHz and 2GB ram, not really a top manchine but its runs good!

Im running English Leagues down to League 2, Serie A, Spain LigaBBVA, French ligue 1, German first Division, Large Date based custom with players from all top division clubs in Europe. so have some like 52000 players. Game said game speed and performance was only half star, but its running really smoothly, not being slow at all.

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 1.70 GHz and 2GB ram, not really a top manchine but its runs good!

Well done to SI by the way! Game is good, and the options you have for your data base is amazing! being able to choose which players from anywhere in the world you want! Great feature!!!

I just set up all English leagues with a Custom (large) database around 45 000 players. I have loaded every other league and division as view only and the game speed seems to be really fast.

I got 5 stars for computer and 3,5 for performance.

I simmed 14 days in two minutes so I will try to play with a few more active leagues.

Oh and I have a AMD Phenom II X4 940 running at 3,6 Ghz with 4 GB RAM.

Leagues:

Specs:

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600

5.28 GHz

4 GB

GeForce 7050 " NVIDIA nForce 630i

Sounds like your computer is similiar to mine lol.

My specs are Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 6600

2.4ghz processor

3GB ram

My graphics card now though is a Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb because I upgraded it from that useless integrated 7050 card, awful card to be honest.

I play with 20+ leagues from 7 different countries and it gives me a 3 star rating if I do that. My comp speed is 5 star and graphics card rating 5 star.

Cool, thanks. I have a feeling that I'm going to be fine running a ton of countries, but I want to make sure before I start off.

I still only played for about 2 weeks in the game but everything is running just fine, the screen goes black for a moment when processing through the fixtures and days but it doesn't affect the game and i have not noticed the computer being overworked. I surf internet with several tabs and it's no problem at all. But i guess i need to see later when in the middle of full season how the fast or slow it goes. But so far so good :)

England down to L2, Argentina Premier Division, Brazil First Division and large database.

Mac 0SX 10.6.1, 2.53 Ghz Core2duo, 4gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB.

The game runs like a dream. I am into Feb of first season.

Game rating said: 3.5 stars for speed.

50 leagues from 50 odd nations. I have the EPL, CCC, L1 AND L2 as playable - then every other nations premier division on view-only.

Game rating 3.5 speed. Im on a 64 bit Athlon, 3gb ram.

Runs at an ok speed, but I'm networking with a friend so he takes forever ;-)

I'm running all the big leagues, some other reputable ones, Argentina, Brazil, MLS, A-League, and view-only on some interesting nations such as poland. I'm going to add some custom leagues and play them I think, so have to pick some more carefully for my next game. I don't really notice the speed, I do loads of other stuff while I play.

All leagues from England, Scotland, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and USA.

Top league from Brazil, Argentina, Ukraine, Greece and Turkey at view only.

All players from all top leagues in the whole world loaded.

It gave 1/2 star, but it's running at a good pace in my opinion.

Small database. England to BSP, Germany, France, Italy and Spain down to 2nd level, and top divisions for all continental leagues on double figure league reps. And Poland as I didn't realize how drastically their rep had been cut. Did minimize game to check if Gundo's thread was up so I could check but it wasn't at the time. Anyway 1 extra small league isn't too much of a problem. Only 2Ghz (and 4GB RAM, though I've heard FM will only use up to 2GB) but the speed hasn't been too bad, either that or I've been playing at pretty slow speed pretty much the entire time I've been doing FM. I've shifted away recently from all leagues in bigger nations to a wider spread of top divisions.

Running 12 Countries with 30 Leagues on a Large Database. England, Scotland, Belguim, Holland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, and France without changing any leagues when selecting those countries. Get 2 stars for game speed but it seems pretty fast, but it does "lag" a bit clicking continue after matches.

Q9550, 4GB 800Mhz RAM, HD 4870, on Vista 64bit.

I can't help but think that this is a "look at my lovely PC specs" thread ;)

Currently only running England (all divisions) and Scotland (3rd and above) With a large custom database. I've not had the game long enough to experiment and just wanted to dive in and get playing. I don't doubt I can (and probably will) run a game with most leagues (most that matter anyway) when I've got a season under my belt.

My system is (look at my mediocre PC specs)

AMD X2 5200+BE 2.7ghz

8Gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz ram

XFX 8800 GTS 640mb graphics, 2 of those in SLI

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

As you can see in this screenshot I'm playing whilst having 32 tabs open in Firefox, running Tweetdeck for twitter and running photoshop ( which is pretty much on 24/7 for me, being as I do digital art. ) my ram usage is still no more than 60% and the cpu usage fluctuates between 40% idles game and 90% during processing but the game runs quite fast. Sometimes there appears to be a little lag between pressing continue and the machine starting processing and that was not there in the demo but I don't know if that is an idiosyncrasy of the full game or it is my old system struggling to keep up, but we are talking a few seconds and not at all painful.

I edited the picture to show the 3d rating which is five stars. I have no idea what the star rating was at the start of the new game as to be honest I did not even notice it there.

http://twitpic.com/nv0ap (click view full size to read)

I will try a game soon with a high amount of leagues and database items for comparison and post some details later if anyone is interested in that stuff but I know this same system ran a game of full leagues in FM09 with huge database and ran with no problems at all.

I never understood the difference between "playable" and "view-only", accept that under "playable" it loads more players in that league wich was chosen as "playable".

Playable just means that at any point during the game you are able to manage a team that is in that league whereas view-only means you can never actively play in that league but the players from it are available to the game database.

Archived