football manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working! HELP

Give us more details about your PC, how you installed etc etc pls.

I tried via stream but whenever i logged in it always froze on the login page and i tried 5/6 times so i gave up on that.

Then i installed it via the cd. It installed but then when i open it it give me the message football manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working.

Why are loads of people having problems. This is getting laughable at SI now!

Give us more details about your PC, how you installed etc etc pls.

That error was fixed by installing a Directx driver. Someone posted a link in the FM forums on Steam. Digital download from Steam messed up that driver reinstalling from the link fixed it. Hope this helps. sorry I don't have the link

That error was fixed by installing a Directx driver. Someone posted a link in the FM forums on Steam. Digital download from Steam messed up that driver reinstalling from the link fixed it. Hope this helps. sorry I don't have the link

I have downloaded the latest version of DirectX. Still does not work. Notice that the number is different then what other people are experiencing.

Im thinking of returning the game, if so, i will never buy Football manager again!

Could you try following the instructions on the FAQ please and let me know how you get on

After Launching via Steam I get an error message saying "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" or the game fails to Launch

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue.

i have the same number as you and i am think the same about returning the game.

I am not very happy, Steam does not work nor does the cd.

I will never be buying Foootball manager again unless i sort this out.

You have potentailly lost a customer. Surely you should know what the problems are!

Where does it say local files after you right click?

i can't find local files either. have you got Vista or XP? I have even tried to load it thru windows media centre but then it say "graphic system failed" even though i have downloaded DirectX SDK Nov 08.

i can't find local files either. have you got Vista or XP? I have even tried to load it thru windows media centre but then it say "graphic system failed" even though i have downloaded DirectX SDK Nov 08.

Vista

helooooo-si can you please help

I have the exact same problem. Still not working here.

I have tried:

- install with cd

- install with steam & verify cache

- update chipset drivers

- update directx before installation

- update directx after installation

- update graphics drivers

- update soundcard drivers

- Windows update is up-to-date

I'm running on Win7 Ultimate x64.

System specs:

AMD Phenom x2 955

8gb ddr2 1066

asus m3n78 pro motherboard

ati 4870 1gb

i don't know what to do now.... Every single game works on my pc except fm 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived