Should I install FM 2010 now or wait for Windows 7?

I bought a laptop with Vista Premium 64-bit installed way back in July 2009. So, I am eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. But Windows 7 has not yet arrived in my mail box yet! I plan to do a clean install of Windows 7 as I have heard that it is the better way to go! I bought my FM 2010 today but I am wandering whether to install the game and play straight away or wait for Windows 7 to come first. What should I do? Should I wait or install the game straight away??? Please help! I am facing a big dilemma here! Anyone else having the same problem???

Just put your save game on a USB stick when you upgrade to Windows 7. And FM on Windows 7 is the ****. I got through about 10 matches in an hour. It's ridiculously quick. FM10 now the best FM so far because I'm playing it on a competent computer with Windows 7.

Just put your save game on a USB stick when you upgrade to Windows 7. And FM on Windows 7 is the ****. I got through about 10 matches in an hour. It's ridiculously quick. FM10 now the best FM so far because I'm playing it on a competent computer with Windows 7.

Well, the problem is, I don't even have a USB stick! I bought my laptop for the sole reason of playing Football Manager and thus, I don't have anything important installed on my laptop. Should I thus go for an upgrade instead of a clean install so that it is not necessary for me to back up Football manager?

• 4 weeks later...
Well, the problem is, I don't even have a USB stick! I bought my laptop for the sole reason of playing Football Manager and thus, I don't have anything important installed on my laptop. Should I thus go for an upgrade instead of a clean install so that it is not necessary for me to back up Football manager?

upload the save game to a free file storage site.

Upgrade installs are a bit dodgy, always go for a clean install. If you don't have any blank CDs or a memory stick or anything, upload it using rapidshare or somesuch and then download it when you're done installing Win7. FM10 on Win7 is awesome :)

Seconded. Always format and perform a clean install, all lovely and fresh and yummy then. And I'm getting a significant performance increase on my single core laptop with Windows 7, compared with XP. The difference is really noticeable. :thup:

Archived