Football manager problems!!!

I have just bought football manager 10 and I am having problems with the match engine being so jittery when I play, its hardly worth playing at all. It does not run smooth what so ever. As I am not that clued up on computers, i am hoping someone can tell me whats going wrong.

My pc is a pentium 4 3.06ghz

1gb of ram

Over 70gb of free hard disk space

Gforce fx5600 graphics card

The last fm ran perfectly on my pc (with 6 leagues)

Someone told me i need to upgrade to 2gb of ram??

Please can someone help me, I just want to enjoy the game how it should be played.

Thanks

Im not actually too sure if my grapics card is up to date? As I said, im quite hopeless with tech of computers. Do I need to go to Nvidias website to find out?I cant seem to see anything on there.

Thanks so much for all your help guys.

What does it mean if all my drivers are uo to date but there is still a problem? Do I need to update my ram? I cant imagine its the graphics card because the picture looks fine, it just runs jittery... but i may be wrong

What OS are you running with only 1GB RAM? Also as others have mentijuoned.... go to the nVidia website and you will see a Download link. Here enter the series you have...so in your case 5 series. Then download and install the most up to date driver which can be up to 120mb is size. ( I have an 8800 series and was about 123mb in size I think)

I just used something called "uniblue Driverscanner" and it said I have 5 drivers that need updataing but if I want to update I have to buy the full product for £20. Do I need to do this or is this just a scam to make money?

Sorry, customer services for who? This is all really mind boggling for me. I Just wanna play fm with a smooth match engine

If you look in the back of your manual, or the SEGA website, you'll find details for SEGA's customer Service department.

If you give them a call they'll talk you through upgrading both drivers and DirectX which in 9 instances out of 10 will fix your graphics issue.

Cheers

Matt

Hi,

Bought my copy of FM10 from direct drive download started playing the game its painfully slow after pressing continue and sometimes does nothing for about 3 minutes its to slow to play yet my system is of good spec and shouldnt have issues with this game.

Any ideas on how to speed it up???? There is no difference in speed from running 1 nation 1 league or 5 nations and 12 leagues so its not the database size.

It seems to be struggling to access the info from my harddrive during play.

Help Please

Whats your PC spec:

Processor: petium dual core 20ghz

RAM: 3gb ddr

Graphics Card: 1244mb

And as mentioned...do the usual defrag of the hard drive and update the graphics drivers.

Ive filled in what you asked for defrag is ongoing as we speak

I have just bought football manager 10 and I am having problems with the match engine being so jittery when I play, its hardly worth playing at all. It does not run smooth what so ever. As I am not that clued up on computers, i am hoping someone can tell me whats going wrong.

My pc is a pentium 4 3.06ghz

1gb of ram

Over 70gb of free hard disk space

Gforce fx5600 graphics card

The last fm ran perfectly on my pc (with 6 leagues)

Someone told me i need to upgrade to 2gb of ram??

Please can someone help me, I just want to enjoy the game how it should be played.

Thanks

Tried running in windowed mode? Solves all the jitter problems for me! :thup:

Ive done everything that has been reccomended to me on here.

Ive checked all my drivers for nvidia, directx and java, it has improved ever so slightly but is still quite jittery (and this is on low graphics detail with everything switched off except player names). Is it because my graphics card is gforce 5600? I didnt think fm would need an amazing card to run the game?

It really is quite annoying and disheartning.

Archived