Game crashes before match :0(

Hello everyone,

Hoping one of you kind fellow gamers can help me.

Ive been playing the game for a few hours now without problems, however when i press continue just before my first friendly the game crashes. I get a message of an error report - but nothing else (Send error report/dont send).

I have already updated my graphic card and directX.

Any ideas of what it can be?

My computer has all the minimum specs.

Thanks in advance.

Spoom

Do you have the latest java as well?

Have you tried running in windowed mode rather than full screen?

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your swift reply. I have updated Java - but havent tried running in windowed mode.. I am not sure i know how to do that?

Thanks, again.

Spoom

- I played the demo without any problems.

I have exactly the same issue, and using windowed mode has no effect on this. :mad:

Event ID 1000, which is a generic app crash event gets logged in the application event with the following details:

Faulting application name: fm.exe, version: 10.1.0.19311, time stamp: 0x4ae7b4af

Faulting module name: fm.exe, version: 10.1.0.19311, time stamp: 0x4ae7b4af

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00d545cb

Faulting process id: 0x156c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca597364f714c3

Faulting application path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe

Faulting module path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe

Since this is a steam download it's patched. This problem didn't exist in the demo - regression testing anyone?

my game has "crashed" twice now. Once without Steam and now once with Steam. although i really think it has more to do with Vista than FM10

Im using:

AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Black Quad Core Processor AM3 (3.20GHz, 8MB Cache)

Vista 64 bit

8GB RAM

1GB ATi HD4850 Graphics accelerator - DVI, DirectX 10.1 PCI Express 2

all my performance ratings are 5 star!

my game has "crashed" twice now. Once without Steam and now once with Steam. although i really think it has more to do with Vista than FM10

Im using:

AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Black Quad Core Processor AM3 (3.20GHz, 8MB Cache)

Vista 64 bit

8GB RAM

1GB ATi HD4850 Graphics accelerator - DVI, DirectX 10.1 PCI Express 2

all my performance ratings are 5 star!

still have the same problem. I get the error message everytime i press continue before the first match. Error message: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\77d9_appcompat. txt

Im getting desperate :-)

Hopefully someone can help. Tried updating graphic card, Direct X, Java.. Played in windoed mode - but still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

I know this seems mad, but i initially had the same issue. So i deleted the sports interactive folder from 'my documents', Tried again, it works! Fm10 will rebuild this folder when you restart the game. You may want to backup your save first tho.

I know this seems mad, but i initially had the same issue. So i deleted the sports interactive folder from 'my documents', Tried again, it works! Fm10 will rebuild this folder when you restart the game. You may want to backup your save first tho.

Thanks for the advice. I just tried... no luck :-(

DAMN!!!!!!

Any other suggestions? I worked fine in the demo.

im having the same problem. although i get a blue screen with lots of info/writing but cannot read it as the system shuts down too quick.

Im still not able to play :-(

I tried everything - even downloaded the game from steam a second time just to be sure - still no luck.

Hopefully someone will be able to help soon.

Thanks,

It would help SI if you can post your dxdiag file in here for them to check.

If you aren't sure how, type "dxdiag" into your search for files and folders box in Vista's Start menu, when its done save the .txt file and then you can copy and paste into a post on here for them to check

It would help SI if you can post your dxdiag file in here for them to check.

If you aren't sure how, type "dxdiag" into your search for files and folders box in Vista's Start menu, when its done save the .txt file and then you can copy and paste into a post on here for them to check

Hi Neill,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using XP - still the same? I search as you suggested - but no txt. file.

Thanks

m8 i had that problem as you know but I tried it in just 2D mode and it works.... try that (just load it up and select any team and play friendly straight away), when you play your first game you may get a box keep coming up saying you have line1 problems, just keep pressing ok and play the game THEN quit the game, reload and then start the game properly, the problems are then gone and can play in the proper windows section!

Archived