Data Editor

If installed using offline system it can be found in

C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe

On Vista and W7 It can also be accessed by right-clicking on FM2010 icon in games explorer

If installed using steam the editor can be found

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

Hope this helps my friend. :)

Where Can I find the Editor?

C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe

On Vista and W7 It can also be accessed by right-clicking on FM2010 icon in games explorer

Goto the path relative to your install method and just launch editor.exe.

Can somebody please explain to me how i can load up my own database, well even before that i cannot save it, for example i have edited Torquay, moved them to a new stadium and put myself in the team. However it will only let me save the data edited rather than the usual 'save database' even when i merge the edited data with the database there seems to be no way of saving it, therefore when it comes to choosing which database i want to use on the 'new game' menu, my TUFC database does not appear???

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Tornoda, you do not need to save your changes as a separate database. The Editor has changed from FM2009.

Just 'save database', giving it the filename 'torquay' for example.

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

I bought the game from Game put it in the machine and loaded on through steam alls good you would think, no, now i want to find the editor but going through the below it comes up with nothing saying there is no match to your search?? am i going wrong some where can anybody advise please thanx Stu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps my friend.

please can someone help me. I have created a new file and cant see where i select the file from when starting a new game? ive checked the forams and i dont appear to get a dialoge box asking me which data file i want to use? please can someone explain where it is? thanks

When you start a new game you should be asked which DB you want to use. In the dialogue box you should see a section called 'Editor Data Files'. There is a tick box to the left which is labelled 'Change'. Tick it and continue, it should then let you choose which data files you want to use.

please can someone help me. I have created a new file and cant see where i select the file from when starting a new game? ive checked the forams and i dont appear to get a dialoge box asking me which data file i want to use? please can someone explain where it is? thanks

yeah same problem here. the very first time i selected a new game it gave me the option to select the data file i wanted to load. after that now it wont let me select which data file i want to load everytime i select new game???

weird

When you start a new game you should be asked which DB you want to use. In the dialogue box you should see a section called 'Editor Data Files'. There is a tick box to the left which is labelled 'Change'. Tick it and continue, it should then let you choose which data files you want to use.

Im not getting the dialog box??? i press new game and i get the wizard set up box? there isnt anywhere suggesting data files???? where is the dialoge box?? thanks

Woah, this editor is driving me nuts.

When you save 2 files, say file one says player x has pa 150, then file two the pa is changed to pa 145 among other changes. Won;t the files contradict each other?

When I first start the game, it prompted me to select the data files, which I did. Second time round when I tried to create a new game, there's no such option?

In that case, try clicking Start --> Games. You should see a FM2010 icon, right click it and click Run Editor.

Having said that, you should have a Steam folder in your program files if you installed it via Steam. Not sure why it wouldn't show.

In that case, try clicking Start --> Games. You should see a FM2010 icon, right click it and click Run Editor.

Having said that, you should have a Steam folder in your program files if you installed it via Steam. Not sure why it wouldn't show.

I tried this but it just comes up askin to lunch the game.

Hi, please help!! i cant find data base selection when i load a game? I have created a new data base but i dont get a diolog box which you have mentioned is where i can select my data base?

please help!

im having same problem as this and a few other people. when i click new game it says loading game database and then goes straight to welcome to new game wizard.:confused:

Hope this helps my friend. :)

I used Vista and installed using Steam, but I just can't seem to find the editor for 2010. I followed the instructions above, but no luck.

This is driven me nuts:confused::confused:, i'm using a mac trying to use the editor to bump the arsenal's budget which i might add how fake is that 25m to spend lol. but when i start a new game i don't get any prompt message saying which database it just goes straight in to the league setup.

Archived