Ridiculous! How did this not get spotted in testing?!

I can't remove the plastic wrapping from my disc case. This is completely unacceptable. How can SI justify treating loyal customers like this?! I have been buying this series for over 200 years and now I can't even use the product that I have paid for! I have tried using my nails, my teeth, even the corner of the battery cover from my remote control, but with no success. Every other game I have bought has instantly succumbed when I rip the covering to shreds with my teeth. Who is responsible for testing this? Did they somehow test the game without opening it? Why do SI think they are above everybody else? I should not have to travel to my kitchen to get a knife just to play a computer game!

I hope somebody gets fired over this.

I can't remove the plastic wrapping from my disc case. This is completely unacceptable. How can SI justify treating loyal customers like this?! I have been buying this series for over 200 years and now I can't even use the product that I have paid for! I have tried using my nails, my teeth, even the corner of the battery cover from my remote control, but with no success. Every other game I have bought has instantly succumbed when I rip the covering to shreds with my teeth. Who is responsible for testing this? Did they somehow test the game without opening it? Why do SI think they are above everybody else? I should not have to travel to my kitchen to get a knife just to play a computer game!

Pfffffft!!! i've been buying this series for 2000 years. That Jebus fella put me onto it innit!

Thankfully nothing like I was expecting :D

Lads, if anyone has this problem with the wrapper being hard to get off, please blame Rob. He spent too much time testing the game and making really nice looking lunches to properly append the packaging to every single version of the boxed copy.

I want to know what SEGA and SI are doing to be releasing such a blatantly bugged covering. They don't send planes out with no wings, so why are they knowingly releasing unwrappable games :(

It's things like this that contribute to the rise of paedophillia, Jan Moir and the Nanny State

Its this years copy protection. If you can't get the disc out of the box you can't copy it either. Fool proof.

The idea comes from the same bloke at SEGA who last year decided to use both 0 and O + I and 1 for last years cd-keys with a font making them look alike :)

Is this supposed to be a joke thread???? This is the funniest thing that I have heard! :D

I hope this guy's not serious, otherwise it's quite worrying how someone can fail to open the packaging of the game. Took me about 5 seconds, easy.

I think its quite blatently obvious he's not being serious. As i can gather its him parodying many of the other stupid things people like to complain about round here.

Great post.

What has made me laugh even more are the handful of posters who aren't sure if the OP was a joke. Classic.

I would suggest putting the game in a safe place and checking it every 100 years or so. Eventually, after 300 years or so, the plastic cover will degrade, allowing you to plunder the bounty within. Good things come to those who wait...

To be honest we should never have put someone with fat fingers on this task, it should have been assigned to someone with sharp pointy digits.

Hopefully this oversight doesn't happen again. :)

Archived