Database Size....

Hey fellow FM fans,

I have just received my the new FM2010 today in the post and after having a few installation problems, I am very excited to have it up and running.

One question though. I am just starting the game and going through the start-up wizard.

Its asking what size database I would prefer to play on. Now, I have recently bought a new computer (pretty powerful, with a quad processor) and want to know honestly if there's much realdifference between the small - medium - and large database.

Obviously with a smaller database the game will run quicker but will I be looking for players that are not there in the small database but maybe would be there in the medium or large?

have been given 5 stars for game speed and computer performance in the wizard.

For me the most important thing is a smooth, fast, and enjoyable playing experience.

Thanks everyone

Peace x

It sounds like you have a pretty good setup there so you should be able to run a fairly large database without suffering too much slow down.

To an extent it's trial and error to see what your personal preference is, however the star system should also give an indication of what your computer can handle.

Thanks guys, that's great. I just wasn't 100% on which one to go for.

Sorry to repeat myself a little bit but is there a major difference between the small, medium, and large databases as far as finding players and game speed goes?

I understand that the small database have 7000 players anyway and I doubt I could even name 1000 player IRL so i think that should be fine.

Peace x

Just out of interest aswel.....

What sort of set up do you normally go for? Database size.....leagues....2d or new 3d view?

I am going to go for the 2d classic view after playing the demo. It reminds me of a simpler FM time and allows the game to run alot smoother. ;-)

Peace x

Archived