The year is 2040

Made to 2030 something on CM01/02 but thats the furthest iv'e gone.

Just out of interest could you tell me the average age of some of Europes top clubs? What price is the most expensive regen? Any screenshots of the top players?

Real Madrid av age is 26. Barcelona 25

Barcelona have won the league only 3 times since 2007-2040

Real Madrid only 4 times

2007-2040 Man Utd only 6 times champs

Liverpool have never won it., and are currently in Div 2

You're very dedicated, I go on holiday during international weeks because I can't be bothered to keep pressing Continue - basically if I have 7 days without a game and I've not got any big transfers on the go I go on holiday! I guess I'm very lazy... icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by CAF:

Real Madrid av age is 26. Barcelona 25

Barcelona have won the league only 3 times since 2007-2040

Real Madrid only 4 times

2007-2040 Man Utd only 6 times champs

Liverpool have never won it., and are currently in Div 2

time for a new tactic? :p

Interesting thing is happening in my game. I'm not as far some of you guys, only in 2015 but the EPL is becoming more powerful by the day. Instead of the big four it has now become the big 7 as Newcastle, Tottenham, and Portsmouth have all become or are becoming very strong and are regularly beating Man U, Liverpool, and Chelsea as well as performing well in Europe. I didn't mention Arsenal as I'm managing them.

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

Interesting thing is happening in my game. I'm not as far some of you guys, only in 2015 but the EPL is becoming more powerful by the day. Instead of the big four it has now become the big 7 as Newcastle, Tottenham, and Portsmouth have all become or are becoming very strong and are regularly beating Man U, Liverpool, and Chelsea as well as performing well in Europe. I didn't mention Arsenal as I'm managing them.

I'm in 2015 and it's a similar story. Not really the top 4 anymore. Newcastle and Man City have really strong squads. Newcastle is 2nd best in the premiership at this point. I play as Arsenal and i'm unstoppable though. icon_wink.gif

Im in 2011 and again the theres no longer a real top four its more like a top 8 with 2 VERY suprising teams...ok so ders the current top 4, liverpool, man u, arsenal + chelsea, then we have tottenham who now seem to consistently be in 3rd then newcastle, nothing really suprising yet but then you see the teams of Sunderland and Derby?!?! The only reason I can think of to explain this is some pretty big signings for those clubs. Robbie Keane for Derby and Johan Elmander for Sunderland

The year is now 2042 and I have been manager of Cambridge Utd for the last 28 years.

My stadium has grown to 40600 I make a small monthly profit but have to keep selling my best players to survive and then rebuild. I love it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">nick...

Part-timer

Posted 11 May 2008 00:25 I'm in 2069.

Is that without ever going on holiday? If so well done icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, It's the first save I started when I bought FM05.

What capacity do you have with Gateshead Grec?

Liverpool are still in Div 1

Arsenal always challenging for prem

Chelsea and Man utd usually flirting with relegation.

Newcastle and Middlesbro top teams

Middlesborugh have been European Champions for the last 3 years

On my old save, I got to about 2021 and Portsmouth were one the top teams. Leeds also made their way back into premiership within the first few seasons and signed the likes of Berbatov and were a top team but became a midtable team.

Hibernian dominated the SPL.

@ CAF, the International Stadium has 26400 seats right now (I know it's a strange number). The board is planning to build a new stadium but the city council blocks the plan every single year.

I've also got a Gateshead save and I'm in about 2025. Over the years I regularly ended up spending a season sharing the Stadium of Light with Sunderland as my board closed the International Stadium for much of the seaosn in order to expand it. They eventually built me a brand new 65,000 seater stadium, which was nice.

They then decided to name that stadium after some ex-player who played for them before I took over, which wasn't nice!

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I'm in 2027 currently, but having to take a break because I need to buy more memory icon_smile.gif It's stopping me from applying for new jobs!

That post has concerned me a little....if I want to continue with a 'long' save game (I normally last to about 2020 then start a new one due to domination in that league) is it likley I am going to have to buy more memory?

in season 40 year 2047

Still playing with the first club, (Salernitana)

All original players and trainers are gone also the young managers.

in the past years:

Jaap stam became manager of Man utd and England

Andre ooijer became manager of blackburn rovers

George Boateng, manager of the dutch national team.

feyenoord and psv are relegated to the dutch first division.

My team:

Salernitana

40 seasons the manager of the same club (without going on holiday)

I start in the serie C, after 2 seasons I promoted to the serie B, then after 6 years I promoted to the serie A, the first 10 years I was a average team in the serie A (finished between the 15th and 7th place) after that I finished every year by the best 5 in the league

My victories:

1x winner Serie B

3x winner Italian Cup

2x winner Serie A

1x winner Champions League

I'm very very very rich, my club is worth 2,2 billion euro's

250 million euro's transfer money

190 million euro's wages money (I use 100 million)

How I became very rich?: search for young stars who want a lower wages than the star players, build a team, after a few years sell your cheap youngers for about 20 to 30 million euro's, keep the wages low. And start all over again.

I'm very proud with this save.

bye

Originally posted by The_Future's_Maroon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I'm in 2027 currently, but having to take a break because I need to buy more memory icon_smile.gif It's stopping me from applying for new jobs!

That post has concerned me a little....if I want to continue with a 'long' save game (I normally last to about 2020 then start a new one due to domination in that league) is it likley I am going to have to buy more memory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly yeah, depends what you've got. I had 1GB, and will upgrade to 3GB shortly. At some points the game will be unplayable if you don't have the memory.

"FM08 is running dangerously low on memory - FM08 will now close"

Mr Ash

Amateur

Well done CAF - so are off to Wembley Sunday then?

Not so likely, £3.50 for a booking fee and £5 POST FOR THE TICKET , they can shove it icon_mad.gif

2047 now icon_smile.gif

After flirting with relegation for several years Barcelona are relegated to La Liga B

Hull City have gone out of the leagues all together.

Billericay are in the championship as are Grays Athletic.

The old firm in Scotland have not won the league for 13 seasons ( would1nt that be nice )

If you wanna know who`s been winning what just ask

hi it's only my second post but i want to share my opinion about long time games.

keep in mind that english isn't my native language, i hope you fellas still get me points

first off i gotta say i started with Barcelona cos a) i love this club and b) i got bored with my Rapid Vienna game due the austrian premier league only having 10 teams (uneditable! plz rethink for fm09) and i ruled that league from day 1 but international i couldn't compete.

so i thought,lets start with Barca at least the league is big and i have a team of worldbeaters ready to win those international trophies.

plus, and that's the main thing, i got fierce (or so i thought) competition, beeing Real and possibly Valencia, even Athletico got potential if managed well. Sevilla too.

a strong league one would think.

but then i went on to win the league 5 times a row, 3 times the cup, won the championscup from season1 until i resigned, means 5 times a row.

won the spanish super cup 4 times and the world cup 3 times, lost 1 final against a japanese team in penalty shootout. (shame on me i know but i was almost happy, almost, seeing as my team could still loose from time to time)

i bought Ronaldo from ManU for 120 million just for flavour, bought Aguero, Ramos from real (he wanted a new challenge) but also raised me youth,like assulin and of course Bojan who turned out (no surprise i know) to be one of the best strikers i ever had the pleasure to manage. (juve bought him for 107millions later in the game) all numbers are in Euros btw.

ok so whats my resume after five years Barca?

well it's too friggin easy! ok ok i hear some of you shout ''no wonder you dumbf... you´'re barca for christs sake BUT even if you're a decent manager (maybe i'm even a good manager)

managing a team like barca, it still shouldn't be so easy. i mean what about Real? what about those other strong clubs?

can this game only be hard if you choose a weak or middle class team? or with AI teams scoring easier? it shouldn't.

let me say i love this game, really do but theres something wrong with it and that is the AI. not talking bout match AI but managing AI.

take Real Madrid, a club with the same if not more potential than Barca. but they never challenged me for the title.(infact noone did) almost always finished 3rd. and still kept Schuster until i resigned!! unrealistic is a nice term to describe this situation.

also the type of players they bought, yea most were good players but no match for my players.

while i bought players like Ronaldo they thought it a good idea to buy my aging and therfor assorted Xavi. the list goes on.

also what i noticed is that AI teams don't rotate in a way that would make sense.

one cause of this may be the fact that their bench players are greatly inferior to their starting eleven. i always try to have almost equal strong players for the same position. and promising youths for filling the gaps or react to injuries.

while the ai especially after some seasons will have quiet a few middle class players on the bench. keep in mind i'm still talking bout teams like Real.

also winning the champions cup is also too easy

i only had one close final against Sporting Lissabon, it went to ps. two times i played inter and destroyed them 3:0 and 5:2.

i mean winning trophies is nice, dominating the league is also nice but year in year out without any competition in sight it gets tiresome. no challenge no fun!

so i resigned and took the seat at AS Roma.

they only finished 7th and played in Vase Cup.

they had an aging squad and ''only''around 40 millions to spend. i thought yea that sounds like a challenge.

first season i won the italian cup, uefa cup and finished 3rd! finally i thought. i didn't win the league. halleluja. it was close tho.

i bought balloteli who got better and better, also a young italian called Platania who should turn out to be a goal machine. towering player but still quick wich is a rare combo.

anyway i also bought babel who was on the cheap cos transfer listed. and a young brazilian called rocha, one of the rare wonderkids i could get hold of.

second season i won the league but it was very very close, with Juventus loosing the title in the last two games. i won by 3 points.

it was a thrilling and absolut exciting season.

for now i was happy again. loved me Roma even more. and no surprise i won the champions cup (like every year i played so far except the one i won the uefa cup).

couldn't defend the italian cup cause Juve trashed me in the semi second legg 6:0!!

my highest ever deafeat in fm history.

i cursed the game, shouted at the screen but at a deep subconscious level i was smiling.

my dear Juve! finally i worthy challenge!

3rd season it went all barca again, won the league by ten points clear. gotta say it was close until about 10 games to go. then my chasers lost sight of me. they just didn't had the endurance needed for closing in on me, leave alone winning the title.

needless to say i won the Champions Cup again.

world cup and european super cup. italian super cup i lost against inter and italian cup i got thrown out by Juve again!

at least i wasn't invincible i thought.

then my 3rd season with roma and i again won the league. it seemed close for a while but again Inter and Juve lacked the endurance and i won the league 4 matchdays to go.

with 8 points clear. i defended the champions cup once again.

(btw both finals were against ManU both ended 1:0, so at least they were close)

won the italian super cup plus world cup but got outplayed by chelsea in the european sc.

and failed again to win the italian cup.

4th season i went on to win the league 23 points clear! won the champions cup Again icon_frown.gif

against inter trashed them 3:0 like i did with barca back in the days. and also won every other cup this season (wc, esc, isc)

now the italian league was a bit more of a challenge, at least there four other teams capable of winning the title. but again Ai management leaves a lot to wish for.

AC Milan for example, plays with wingers but haven't got any(!!) players with AMLR or even MLR in their squad, not one! instead they have scores of AM's and MC's.i mean ok they have players capable of playing the position to an competent level. but that's just not good enough.

it shows the deficit of their transfer politic.

at least juve seems to arm for a title challenge

they just bought bojan for over 100 millions.

but at the same time bought another striker for around 40mils. lacking quality in defence this seems yet another bad transfer move.

needles to say i got bored again, so now being in 2016/17 i flirt with the Napoli seat.

already declared interest, to me surprise the board wasn't angry but urged me to stay cos they got me so much more to offer.

yea much more allright except for a challenge.

and to finish this long post noone is prolly arsed to read i wanna draw your attention to barca again.

having left them with an absolut world class team on long contracts with promising youth players ready to replace aging stars.

the new management needed just 4 years to utterly missmanage them onto 4th place 12 points behind league winners Betis. the best players are all gone except ronaldo (who is 31 now) and messi (29). ah yes and real still hasn't won the league, schuster still is their manager!

it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

just for the record, in england the top four share the titles between them except for one time winners tottenham. also sunderland qualifies for the champions cup almost every season. newcastle went down, stayed a while and went up again.

in spain barcas dominance was broken by betis, xerex finished 2nd!!

portugal is Sporting land, with them winning the league year in year out. porto has become a midfield team sometimes qualifing for uefa cup.

france had lyon winning 7titles en row to then being dominated by PSG for the next 6 years.

last season lyon got relegated after playing no role for years. missmanagement anyone?

germany is just ridicolous with teams like bochum winning the league. bayern munich is a joke at best.

austria is a mess too, last year the top three teams, Austria Vienna, Rapid Vienna and Salzburg fought against relegation. rapid went down. i wish one could unclick leagues (fm09 perhaps?) so at least i wouldn't have to watch it.

ok now i'm finished, it prolly sounds like a rant but it isn't. i still love this game i just wish it would be a long time challenge even when managing a top team. since there other top teams too. so for fm09 i only wish one thing

better managing AI, long time AI, especially for Top Clubs. match engine is fine by me.

maybe a few more different goals. but thats minor. ah yes the corner thing but again thats minor imo since i dont exploit that ''bug''

I'd partly agree with some of the things you're saying. There's a lot to digest but I think what you're saying is...the game is unrealistic. Essentially that's what it breaks down to.

But come on...of course it is. FM prides itself on realism and does a far better job that any game I know on the market. But it's still a game. If you want realism the only way you're going to get it is by managing your local pub team.

Admittedly the AI makes some shocking decisions. I'm presently in 2023 and I'm packing it in for the timebeing. I've seen some pretty awful signing decisions in Spain and Italy. Real and Barca run away with the league (I was managing Barca) and in Italy, AC Milan and Inter seemed to have pressed the self-destruct button in terms of signings. That being said, Cagliari, Lazio and Juve signed quality players season in, season out and dominate the league there.

Arsenal are crazy rich. Valued at over £1,000,000,000 they won the league 10 times in a row until they started to implode...that being said they're almost always in the CL final and in the top three.

Times do change. Just because at the moment a team is flying high doesn't mean that ten years down the line, things won't change. And vice versa. The rise and fall of Gretna, the demise and subsequent rallying of Leeds, then there's MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon, all perfect examples.

Who knows what could happen in ten years time? You say unrealistic, and you're not wrong. But I say...anything's possible.

2045-46 on FM 2007.

Everton are Europe's premier team, winning 17 league titles and 11 Champions League titles since 2020. Liverpool is in League 1.

England won three straight WC's, bracketed by wins by Ireland.

I took Slough and AFC Wimbledon both to the Premier League.

On Jan 1, 2046, the league table looks as such:

1. Reading

2. Aston Villa

3. Everton

4. Hull

5. AFC Wimbledon

6. Brighton

7. Barnsley

12. Southend

13. Bournemouth

Chelsea has spent four of the last five years in the Championship.

What capacity do you have with Gateshead Grec?

Arsenal always challenging for prem

Chelsea and Man utd usually flirting with relegation.

Newcastle and Middlesbro top teams

Middlesbrough have been European Champions for the last 3 years

Wow, quite suprising since I always see them do rubbish on FM 08. I wish it were real life, except without the Newcastle part. icon_cool.gif

I've never managed to get very far on any installment, I just get bored so easily. The furthest is probably my Tranmere save on 07 which lasted about 8 seasons methinks but it got too slow for my liking. Seeing this thread though I'm tempted to carry on my Leyton Orient game.

2047 now

After flirting with relegation for several years Barcelona are relegated to La Liga B

Hull City have gone out of the leagues all together.

Billericay are in the championship as are Grays Athletic.

The old firm in Scotland have not won the league for 13 seasons ( would1nt that be nice )

If you wanna know who`s been winning what just ask

I love these kinds of threads/

What version of the game was this in?

Could you post the histories of the major competitions you're running?

Originally posted by abyss616:

2045-46 on FM 2007.

Everton are Europe's premier team, winning 17 league titles and 11 Champions League titles since 2020. Liverpool is in League 1.

England won three straight WC's, bracketed by wins by Ireland.

I took Slough and AFC Wimbledon both to the Premier League.

On Jan 1, 2046, the league table looks as such:

1. Reading

2. Aston Villa

3. Everton

4. Hull

5. AFC Wimbledon

6. Brighton

7. Barnsley

12. Southend

13. Bournemouth

Chelsea has spent four of the last five years in the Championship.

How i wish that is true...

Currently I am in 2020/21 season...started with AFC wimbledon...Just got a new stadium named on me this season start. The richest club in the world. Did the treble twice. Won all comps last season... Currently on a 34 game unbeaten run and this season won the first 10 games conceeding just 3 goals...going to play Arsenal (11th game of season)

Man Utd got relegated to championship due to points deduction but came back this season. Reading have been in championship since getting relegated in the first or second season of the game.

Did nat'l stints with Chile got bored and resigned just few months before WC and they won the WC...went to Russia and won the Euros. Quit Russia after Euros and went to France but quit after few months when the chance came to manage Argentina...who are currently in doldrums 20th in World Ranking...Difficult playing them...

Been with AFC wimbledon since match one and still intending to continue but might start second user at Reading.

Originally posted by Roger Hunt:

You're very dedicated, I go on holiday during international weeks because I can't be bothered to keep pressing Continue - basically if I have 7 days without a game and I've not got any big transfers on the go I go on holiday! I guess I'm very lazy... icon_cool.gif

If you go to preferences you can set continue game timeout, which means that after 10 seconds of inactivity after processing the game continues. It will stop for any key decisions (confirm signing player etc) but will keep the game going.

Thats what i set the game with, makes it a lot quicker as it keeps procesing in the background if im on the net without me having to keep pressing continue

2023 on 07 and currently just 2014/15 on 08, havnt really had the time, a friend gave me his old laptop that was smashed a bit and didnt want the repair bill so i took it on and really hope it will work again so i can get some good hours on FM after 3-4 weeks without switching on my pc. The thing is i feel like a right loner upstairs on my comp all alone when my g/f can quite happily play FM anywhere in the house!!

Archived