selecting leagues and database size

My estimated game speed is shocking.So much for spending £600 on a new laptop last year.Thought with 2GB RAM and 1.83Ghz Processor it wouldnt be too bad but what do i know haha.

Anyway im confused about the leagues and database size.

Im only interested in managing in England,France,Holland,Spain and Italy.

However i would also like all the players available to see from Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Portugal as well as the above.

So whats the best way to do this?

Do i select a large database with all the leagues i want but select view only for Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Portugal.

Or do i select only leagues from England,France,Holland,Spain and Italy with a small database and then custom add load all players from Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Portugal

When i set mine up i chose 7 nations with 2 or 3 leagues from each one and some players from other nations and it reduced my game speed to 1 star but in all honesty it still runs like lightening for me. If i was you id choose the leagues/players you want and give it a try first and see how quickly it runs.

To achieve specifically what you have asked for, select England, France, Holland, Spain and Italy (all top divisions only). Select small database, and then with the 'custom' database setting, you can add all players from Argentina, Brazil, Germany, and Portugal.

I don't think your game will run that quickly with that many countries running and those extra players loaded, though.

I think a better balance would be to maybe select 4 countries, and have a medium sized database. It won't load all the players from Argentina, Brazil, Germnay, Portugal, but it will load some of the most well known players from that region.

Iv got a laptop....Dual 2.4ghz 4gb ram.... dont understand says my computer performance is poor - and reccommends one league!

DOnt understand??? last fm it ran large database and loads of leagues.

Any advice?

Whats the best set up for me?

reece ive found loading the leagues but maybe not making them playable makes it run better for me and its easier to find players in the long term. and i loaded the top leagues from scotland russia spain italy portugal france germany and league two to premiership in england and it ran fine. i have a 2.2 GHz and 2gb ram so im sure you will be fine andy

I've been playing around with the set ups a bit to find out what works best. I started a recommended setup for my computer and the game suggested England to L2 and Scotland to L3.

As soon as I increased to a large database I lost a star for speed.

I put England down to the BSN/S and lost another half a star.

I added 4 more countries and I'm at half a star.

Personally I think the game is just being safe.

My specs are as follows, if anyone is interested:

Windows XP

Intel Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz

2GB RAM

GeForce 9800

I'm more than happy with a slow game speed and I ran as much on FM09. I played 5 or 6 seasons with a very large database in 09 and the speed was no different then than it was at the start. FM10 is said to be much faster too. I just thought I'd report my thoughts.

I'll be interested to see how things progress in my game because these game speed ratings are new to me. I honestly think the game speed indicator is aimed at people who want the fastest speed possible. If you ran a lot on FM09 I'd continue to try and do so.

I have windows xp sp3

3.9ghz amd (overclocked)

1gb ram

350mb graphics card

i was advised by the in-game recommended settings to only run scotland (all leagues) and england (down to division 2), my game speed would then be 4 stars, but i ignored that and ran the top leagues in Scotland, Ukraine, Russia and Belgium, the Top and 2nd leagues in Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Italy & Portugal and then selected down to english 2nd division (top 4 leagues). This left me with a game speed of half a star.. but the game runs just fine.

oh and this was with a large database. game is smooth so i dont know if the star rating system is really accurate..

The star system in my eyes is rubbish. I have an Acer 5536,vista sp2,dual core processor with 4GB ram and Radeon HD3200 GRAPHICS and it recommeneded english leagues only down to League 2,what a load of rubbish so I choose the major european leagues as well as english down to conference north/south and the game runs good.

Archived