Homegrown Player bug

I realise this is meant to be fixed in patch but I installed out of box, activated with Steam which by reading this forum means I should be running the patch but I still have the bug.

I'm Rangers manager and when registering for Europe some of my best young players (Danny Wilson, Jamie Ness and Gregg Wylde) all of whom are Gers graduates aren't counted as homegrown.

Its a big pain especially as I'm hoping they'll be a big part of squad in next five years as I have no transfer budget.

Why is this happening as the patch is meant to fix this?

Should I manually patch if activated using Steam after installing DVD?

Hope someone can help.

this bug hasn't been fixed.

im running the patch and my best youth players at rangers DON'T count as homegrown when registering my champions league squad.

danny wilson, 17, product of gers youth academy, jamie ness etc

why is this? as i have no cash i need to use my youth players.

this bug hasn't been fixed.

im running the patch and my best youth players at rangers DON'T count as homegrown when registering my champions league squad.

danny wilson, 17, product of gers youth academy, jamie ness etc

why is this? as i have no cash i need to use my youth players.

The rules state you have to have been at your club for three years between the ages of 15 and 21, as Wilson is only 17 it's not possible for him to have been at the club for three years after turning 15 yet, if you check the home-grown tab it will show you when he is due to become homegrown (more than likely when he turns 18 or the end of the season when he turns 18).

In addition you don't need to register Under 21's to use them in Europe.

The rules state you have to have been at your club for three years between the ages of 15 and 21, as Wilson is only 17 it's not possible for him to have been at the club for three years after turning 15 yet, if you check the home-grown tab it will show you when he is due to become homegrown (more than likely when he turns 18 or the end of the season when he turns 18).

In addition you don't need to register Under 21's to use them in Europe.

I am sorry, but this is not the answer the thread starter is looking for.

I am having the same issue with home grown players. I am RAF Lossiemouth in a revamped league system. I have checked and every other club in each division has a qualifying number of home grown players but whatever team I take control of seems to have this issue of no players trained at club. At day 1 of beginning a new game it should be expected that the club will have a good number of players trained at club and in nation, but mine does not.

Furthermore, I have tried some tricks in an attempt to 'generate' some new home grown players. For example, I have terminated the contracts of a few youngsters to generate 'grey' newgens. Now, these greyed out newgen players have the status 'trained at club' which is great however, you cannot register these greyed out players in your squad for the season. I tried offering them a contract, but ofcourse their home grown status changes, after they sign, to 'trained in nation'. Without these players I cannot proceed beyond the squad registration day. BAH!!!!

Now I am using an edited database of a completely revoltionised Scottish Football league structure and i wondered if this has something to do with it.................

There must be some setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Meantime, I am gonna have to just re-edit my database to remove the 'trained at club' criteria.

I am sorry, but this is not the answer the thread starter is looking for.

I am having the same issue with home grown players. I am RAF Lossiemouth in a revamped league system. I have checked and every other club in each division has a qualifying number of home grown players but whatever team I take control of seems to have this issue of no players trained at club. At day 1 of beginning a new game it should be expected that the club will have a good number of players trained at club and in nation, but mine does not.

Furthermore, I have tried some tricks in an attempt to 'generate' some new home grown players. For example, I have terminated the contracts of a few youngsters to generate 'grey' newgens. Now, these greyed out newgen players have the status 'trained at club' which is great however, you cannot register these greyed out players in your squad for the season. I tried offering them a contract, but ofcourse their home grown status changes, after they sign, to 'trained in nation'. Without these players I cannot proceed beyond the squad registration day. BAH!!!!

Now I am using an edited database of a completely revoltionised Scottish Football league structure and i wondered if this has something to do with it.................

There must be some setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Meantime, I am gonna have to just re-edit my database to remove the 'trained at club' criteria.

My English-level-7 game is stuck here, too...I'm waiting for the Steam-compatible version of FMRTE to come out so I can edit the kids as homegrown so I can proceed with my game. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to restart the game with an edited level 7 so as not to need homegrown requirements.

I sure ain't gonna wait for SI to patch it, especially since they might decide not to...

I'm also having the same problem, in my game I'm Liverpool and for some reason Thomas Ince and Adam Pepper are not counted as home grown or trained in nation even tho both are English, when I had to register my team for the league in the second season I couldn't register these two as part of my 8 home grown player how can this be possible, I mean they are English so they should be counted as home grown no matter if they haven't trained with the club for 3 years.

Youth players not been recognized as homegrown (because of lack of history) needs to be addressed. In the English game, and Europa/Champions League this can be 'worked around' by leaving empty spots in squad registration that can be filled in by youth players on matchday. Some leagues have a homegrown requirement on match squads, which can't be worked around without leaving out subs entirely. For example, I had to abandon a save as Brussels in the EXQI League (2nd tier), because of a requirement of SIX homegrown players selected in a 16 player matchday squad. This requirement would have been easily met had my own Belgian youth players, and other loans from Belgian clubs, been properly classed as homegrown.

Unless all the player databases are somehow fixed to properly class youth players without sufficient in-game history as homegrown, there needs to be an override that defaults youth players as homegrown in their own country.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same bug, glad it's not just me. I spent £40m on Insua and £24m on Wilshere, both of whom were definitely home-grown before I signed them (I checked in their respective squad screens first), and they lost their home-grown status as soon as I signed them. I signed these players specifically to help make up the quotas in the Premiership and Europe, and now I can't even register Wilshere as I have no spare slots :-( What a waste of money!

It's spoilt the game for me to the extent I can't be bothered to carry on now as the save feels tainted, I've wasted money etc. This really needs to be a major priority in the next patch, hopefully it will sort out the issue in saved games as well as new ones so I can carry on this game, which I was really enjoying up until this started happening. It seems to happen totally randomly as well, seeing as Cattermole, Evans etc have their HG status but Wilshere and Insua don't. My game is definitely patched and on 10.1 btw.

2d0nds7.jpg

vnco61.jpg

Archived