Linux Users: Works beautifully in Wine

For any other Linuxers out there, it's working beautifully in Wine. I've tested on ATI and NVIDIA hardware, and the results are thus (btw I went for the DVD-check rather than online authorisation in the end), your mileage may vary:

NVIDIA: You can keep Compiz running and do what you like with the proprietary 185 driver. Not tried the open-source driver.

ATI: With the proprietary driver the game runs fine though with Compiz on it can flicker.

For best performance I'd recommend having OpenBox (an exteremely lightweight alternative to Gnome if you're not sure, should be in your repositories) available and running in that when you're using FM as then you'll get full performance.

Installer's much easier than last year (where you had to guess the keys), just choose custom and don't let FM install directx for you.

On my rigs I've used Winetricks to add DirectX, allfonts, allcodecs, msxml3 and 6, vbruns and vcruns and ie6 to cover bases for most games.

Hopefully everyone else will find it the same as me :)

The demo ran fine for me on a Gnome desktop, however I'm struggling with full game because I have a digital download copy.

The activator locks up after I enter the key, so I'm trying to get ie6 installed and see if it makes a difference.

Archived