For those struggling to download the new patch, heres the answer!!!

What to do for all those struggling to download the patch - Uninstall the game (yes you heard me right), then reinstall using the internet via steam option, this doesn't mean you have to buy it again, just be patient and the prompts will come up through steam. When the download has completed and it will, then wait yes wait for steam to update the game itself.

You should be waiting about half an hour all in all. And thats that. A successfully downloaded game with the new update and it does work, just tried. You don't get the option of choice of database, the change appears at the top when starting a new game. Originally its 10.0, now it should say 10.1, when you start up. OK. End this thread now. Hope it helps.

yeah this was my plan but steam doesn't let me install the game, i've tried once last night and twice now - it's servers are too busy apparently. frustrating.

Sorry to hear, but I'm guessing the reason is the world and his mother are attempting to download the game and alot of people are trying to communicate with SI as well. I've been struggling with the internet and SI in the last 12/13 hours, simply because there are so many Football Manager 2010 nutters, like myself and you.

I probably suggest waiting and I know it's not easy that part, but wait a little while and it might work later. Patience has never been my strong point either. Good luck and keep trying.

Archived