"Steam - Updating - 69% complete", Stopped

It's been an hour since the installation programme stopped at this stage.

Why should I suffer this?

The crap activation system has completely failed to stop piracy, and ironically only brings troulbes to the genuine buyers.

Is this what SI want?

Tried another two times and the second one worked. However, I do not want the patch but I have no choice with STEAM. I cannot launch the game unless the patch is downloaded completely by STEAM. WHY, WHY?

I've got a question, is SI paying money to STEAM for this "service", or is STEAM paying money to SI for some reason?

If it is the former case, I absolutely CANNOT understand. Why does SI pay so much money to torture its game buyers? To stop piracy? NO, not at all, piracy users enjoy the game much better and earlier than us without any fuzzy trouble.

I've never been so disappointed with SI.

Tried another two times and the second one worked. However, I do not want the patch but I have no choice with STEAM. I cannot launch the game unless the patch is downloaded completely by STEAM. WHY, WHY?

I've got a question, is SI paying money to STEAM for this "service", or is STEAM paying money to SI for some reason?

If it is the former case, I absolutely CANNOT understand. Why does SI pay so much money to torture its game buyers? To stop piracy? NO, not at all, piracy users enjoy the game much better and earlier than us without any fuzzy trouble.

I've never been so disappointed with SI.

I've never laughed so hard at someone's 'I hate steam' post. SI's choice to use steam for the FM series is one of the best choices they've made. It saves allot of time and now I dont need to worry about loosing the CD since I can download the game on steam on any computer.

I've never laughed so hard at someone's 'I hate steam' post. SI's choice to use steam for the FM series is one of the best choices they've made. It saves allot of time and now I dont need to worry about loosing the CD since I can download the game on steam on any computer.

Certainly some love, but others hate. That's not the problem.

The problem is that SI is forcing legitmate buyers to use STEAM, otherwise one must keep damaging his/her DVD-driver, damaging the game DVD and hearing the noise sent from the disk-reading driver.

I've uninstalled steam-FM10 and steam, made an image of the game DVD myself, and been enjoying this game in the third way. I did not want that initially, but have been forced by SI and STEAM to do so.

Cheers

Archived