Could not start the game

What exact error message are you getting and what are your system specs please?

I have read through the whole thread. I have updated the DirectX, verified steam by clicking the logo, etc. The game has been downloaded and updated. I have rebooted my laptop on various occasions and I AM STILL GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE AS POSTED AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE THREAD.

I have checked the programme files but the game does not seem to be in my Programmes & Features

Can someone please help me. I have a fairly good understanding of IT although not great so patience would be appreciated.

Help me!!

I've had a problem aswel. When I try to launch the game I get an error message which says 'cannot run game:failed to set up graphics system'. As far as I know I'm missing the graphics driver on my system. Im going to asssume this is the problem. Does anyone know where I could download this driver and which would be best to download?

I've had a problem aswel. When I try to launch the game I get an error message which says 'cannot run game:failed to set up graphics system'. As far as I know I'm missing the graphics driver on my system. Im going to asssume this is the problem. Does anyone know where I could download this driver and which would be best to download?

This is a completely different problem...Why hijack this thread??

Please have a look at http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/?q=fmfaq-item/656.

I guess you haven't read the Football Manager 10 FAQ?

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

I have read through the whole thread. I have updated the DirectX, verified steam by clicking the logo, etc. The game has been downloaded and updated. I have rebooted my laptop on various occasions and I AM STILL GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE AS POSTED AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE THREAD.

I have checked the programme files but the game does not seem to be in my Programmes & Features

Can someone please help me. I have a fairly good understanding of IT although not great so patience would be appreciated.

Help me!!

If you've installed via Steam the files will be within the Steam Application rather than a seperate entity.

Go into Steam and see if the game is present in "my games". If so have you tried:

Right Clicking, Select "Properties" and then "Local Files", finally click "Verify integrity of game cache"

Try that and see if it helps you.

If you've installed via Steam the files will be within the Steam Application rather than a seperate entity.

Go into Steam and see if the game is present in "my games". If so have you tried:

Right Clicking, Select "Properties" and then "Local Files", finally click "Verify integrity of game cache"

I have done all of that as I have stated in my post. The game is in my steam files

I have excatly the same problem. I downloaded the game from steam and installed it. The status says thats its 100 % ready.

I have tried excatly that. And i really want to play this game.. Help?

I`ve tried this and it didn`t help. any other suggestions?

Hi

I have just brought fm2010 and haave tried to install it but it froze on installation. It now comes up saying that d3dx9_41.dll was not found. I cannot uninstall the programme either. Im not sure what to do :-S wondered if anyone could help

I also cannot get the game to work. The message I get when trying to launch the game if football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working. I verifying the integrity of game cache and that hasnt worked either.

I have the same problem as this person.

Help us! Please?

I have done all of that as I have stated in my post. The game is in my steam files

You're doing this in two sperate threads so I'm going to close this one as people are just posting in any thread when we have a main thread running.

For anyone with these problems please first read the FAQ:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158970

Then post your issue in this thread if that doesn't help:

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158957&page=3

Thanks.

Archived