Your patch broken the game

Downloaded from d2d.com, checked for patches before even loading the game because I knew you was incapable of producing a finished product before charging your customers.

I install the patch listed on your website and forum, now the game requires a CD before I can run it.

I dont have a CD, I downloaded it! It never seem's to have asked me for a CD key either?

From the FM2010 Patch 1 thread:

Other download partner

If you have purchased, installed and activated via another digital download partner, you will should already have a patched version of FM2010, and should be running version 10.1.0 - DO NOT MANUALLY PATCH digital downloads like eSellerate or Steam - it will cause errors with your game.

Well you shouldn't have d/l the patch and applied it to a game you d/l then! It should be done automatically for you.

What? what are you babbling on about? read my post and you will see that I patched before loading the game, so if there is an automatic patching process in the game I am not aware of this yet. If the D2D version is already the correct version, then the patcher should not install. Common sense in coding really. Check version, if matches, no patching is required. Doesn't take a school kid to program such a simple integrety check

Sounds like sour grapes to me

Ofcourse it is, what a stupid and idiotic thing to say, the game has gone retail and not working. well done genius for contributing with a productive answer.

What? what are you babbling on about? read my post and you will see that I patched before loading the game, so if there is an automatic patching process in the game I am not aware of this yet. If the D2D version is already the correct version, then the patcher should not install. Common sense in coding really.

Ofcourse it is, what a stupid and idiotic thing to say, the game has gone retail and not working. well done genius for contributing with a productive answer.

No, read what I said, you don't apply the patch to a d/l game. It should have allready been done for you.

• SI Staff

Hi Tyme,

Sorry that you're no longer able to run the game - it is indeed because you've installed a version of the patch that requires a disk check.

Unfortunately we don't have any contact with D2D.com, so we are unable to influence what their system throws up.

You can rectify this quickly though by uninstalling the game completely and re-installing.

If you've installed from a digi download partner or Steam, then the game is already patched so you don't need to do anything else.

What? what are you babbling on about? read my post and you will see that I patched before loading the game, so if there is an automatic patching process in the game I am not aware of this yet. If the D2D version is already the correct version, then the patcher should not install. Common sense in coding really. Check version, if matches, no patching is required. Doesn't take a school kid to program such a simple integrety check

What are you on about? Its working for everyone else.

Downloaded from d2d.com, checked for patches before even loading the game because I knew you was incapable of producing a finished product before charging your customers.

I install the patch listed on your website and forum, now the game requires a CD before I can run it.

I dont have a CD, I downloaded it! It never seem's to have asked me for a CD key either?

Are all of your other games patch-free? No, didn't think so.

Archived